No matter how experienced a Petroleum sector manager or supervisor you may be, the ability to market your business is the one attribute that will help to differentiate you from others in your role. Equally importantly, learning how to be a better marketer will enable you to progress in your career, while permitting your organisation to gain the maximum benefit from your skills within the petroleum, oil and gas sectors.
But, being able to make effective marketing decisions isn’t just about choosing a ‘Yes’ or a ‘No’ based on the information in front of you. Much more than that, it’s about being able to find a compromise, often between complex and conflicting parameters.
This highly-interactive GLOMACS International Petroleum Marketing training course is tailor-made for petroleum, oil and gas sector professionals, and will help you understand how to successfully market in one of the world’s most challenging environments.
This GLOMACS training course will examine:
- A petroleum marketing overview, including introduction of key participants, infrastructures and the various different forms of marketing in the petroleum sector
- The issues and challenges associated with marketing petroleum products
- Petroleum marketing trends – how petroleum products are changing, and how marketers can respond
- Worldwide demand and pricing for petroleum products – how do organisations like OPEC affect production and price
- Where profits are made in the supply chain, and how these can be driven higher
- Devising and implementing a successful sector-specific marketing strategy
- The role and value of branding within the petroleum sector
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will learn to:
- Devise and implement a fully-featured petroleum sector specific marketing strategy
- Understand the economic drivers affecting the international petroleum market
- Use a portfolio of marketing tools to deliver a cogent message
- Be familiar with how the media works
- Gain a competitive edge in the fast-evolving petroleum, oil and gas marketplace
Delegates will be involved in a highly interactive learning environment, learning how to identify the tips and tricks that professional petroleum-sector marketers use to maximise brand leverage, visibility, awareness and – crucially – credibility in this highly competitive marketplace.
Training Course methodology will include handouts, flipcharts, questions and participation from participants, as well as the course tutor posing a series of scenarios and both real-world & theoretical examples.
- An understanding of how to devise a sector-specific marketing strategy
- An ability to implement their strategy to ensure success
- A greater insight into the marketing and economic workings of the petroleum sector
- How to explain and justify your marketing decisions and strategy?
- An appreciation of the functions of a marketing officer, manager and director within the industry
- A promotional template that can be used to guarantee a competitive edge
- An enhanced knowledge of marketing theory, with direct relevance to the petroleum sector
- An appreciation of macro and micro-economic issues affecting the petroleum sector
- Practical understanding of how to apply their marketing knowledge to their everyday work environment
- Which marketing tools provide the best returns in the petroleum sector?
- How to integrate digital marketing and social media with other forms of marketing within the petroleum sector?
- The value of good PR
- How to deal with a crisis?
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS International Petroleum Marketing training course is designed to benefit existing petroleum industry marketing department personnel, directors and other staff within the sector.
In particular, the following will find it invaluable:
- Those new to the petroleum industry
- Existing personnel in the sector, who are migrating to a marketing related function
- Marketing staff looking to gain a greater insight into the sector
- Staff wishing to understand how the economics of the sector affect their marketing function
The Petroleum Sector – A Marketing Overview
- The Basics of Marketing Petroleum Products, including Market Dynamics and Distribution Channels
- Petroleum Marketing Overview – The Key Participants and Infrastructures
- Commonly-marketed Products and The Issues & Challenges Affecting Them
- Who to Market to, Defining your Message, Customer Segments and their needs & expectations
- The Role of Effective Branding within the Petroleum Sector
- Key Business Processes involved in Marketing Petroleum Products to Different Customers and Stakeholders
Retail and Wholesale Marketing in the Petroleum Sector
- How retailers market various petroleum products to their customers?
- The AIDA Model in relation to the Petroleum Sector
- Refining and Highlighting your Key Brand Differentiators
- How segmentation and positioning are critical to petroleum sector marketing success?
- Wholesale Marketing – How companies market in bulk including to distributors and resellers?
- Analysis of Transportation, B2B & B2C, Domestic, Industrial & Commercial and Multinational Segments
- Product Competition in the Petroleum Marketplace
Matching Petroleum Sector Marketing to Micro and Macro-Economics
- The Macroeconomic Environment – Why it matters to the petroleum sector?
- Worldwide Demand and Pricing for Petroleum Products
- How to analyse the market and evaluate the impact of trends on future development?
- Conducting a PESTEL Analysis – The how and why of your marketplace
- How crude oil and petroleum markets are established on global and regional levels?
- How organisations like OPEC affect petroleum production markets worldwide?
- Marginal Utility – Where profits are made in the sector
- Product and Service Differentiation
The Rise of Digital Marketing in the Petroleum Sector
- Digital Marketing – A definition and petroleum sector specific explanation
- How to use digital and traditional in an integrated petroleum sector campaign?
- Integrating your various Social Media Platforms to maximise reach across the Petroleum Sector
- Dealing with Customer, Supplier and other industry stakeholder complaints on Social Media
- Increasing Views, likes and clicks across various digital platforms
- When to advertise on social media? – How to reach key oil, gas and petroleum accounts via new channels?
- Using E-mail Techniques to generate industry relevant click through
- Measuring Digital impact and Footprint
- Developing a Full Digital Strategy in the Petroleum Sector
Putting Your Plan into Practice
- What to do if things go wrong? – How to handle a crisis within the petroleum sector?
- Liaising with Journalists and thought Leaders
- Planning Ahead – Implementing your oil & gas-specific strategy
- Broadcast Media vs. Printed vs. Online – integrating your coverage
- Demonstrating Value and ROI within the Petroleum Sector
- Internal Comms – The Benefit of Telling your Colleagues
Share this Course:
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients