Natural gas is rapidly being adopted as the fuel of choice for the 21st Century. Readily transported in the form of LNG, market demand for this product across the world is growing fast. LNG Import Terminals are typically located near major population centers leading to a growing tension between the desire for its beneficial qualities (clean, relatively inexpensive and easily transported) and a public perception of LNG as a ‘dangerous’ product. The public at large generally wish to enjoy the benefits of this product but without exposure to its perceived hazards. The LNG Import Terminal is a key element of the LNG supply chain for importing this valuable energy source and selecting the optimal LNG Import Terminal solution is critical for delivering a safe, reliable and cost-effective long-term solution.
This GLOMACS training seminar provides a systematic and robust approach to Identifying, Screening, Selecting and Defining the optimal LNG Import Terminal solution based on criteria specific to the project in terms of Safety, Technical, Commercial and Project Execution factors. Having a systematic approach to select the optimal solution will substantially reduce risks during subsequent development phases of the project including Permitting, EPC, Installation, Commissioning and Operation. This GLOMACS training seminar is essential in systematically selecting the optimal LNG Import Terminal solution and avoid potential design recycling, project development delays and cost overruns.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- Key Drivers for Importing LNG
- LNG Terminal Development Options
- LNG Terminal Option Screening System
- Identifying and Applying Option Selection Criteria
- Defining the Optimal LNG Terminal Solution
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, you will learn to:
- Understand Key Drivers for an LNG Import Terminal
- Identify Potential LNG Import Terminal Options
- Determine the Key Option Selection Criteria for an LNG Import Terminal
- Systematically Analyze the Potential LNG Import Terminal Options
- Define the Optimal LNG Import Terminal Solution to next stage of development
This GLOMACS 5-day training seminar on LNG Import Terminals will use presentations to share the LNG Import Terminal options, key drivers, criteria and the recommended option selection methodology / system. Numerous case studies and examples will be shared, and interactive workshops will be used to ensure knowledge from the training seminar is retained and used.
Question and answer sessions along with group discussions will allow delegates to ask questions and share their own experiences.
Determining the optimal solution for an LNG Import Terminal is critical can be a daunting and long-winded task if not approached systematically.
A development project requires critical and time sensitive corporate level decisions to be made early to determine for example whether to proceed with a project or not. The quality of decisions made at this stage is critical for the success of developers and stakeholders.
However, at this early stage very little project specific information is available to fully review potential options and a systematic approach is highly beneficial to:
- Quickly identify potential development options
- Determine key criteria and drivers to compare and select the optimal solution
- Define the optimal solution to a sufficient level to identify and manage potential risks
- Develop a high probability LNG Import Terminal development strategy
- Give a high level of confidence for the potential of a project to stakeholders and potential partners / investors
As a result of attending this GLOMACS training seminar, you will gain:
- An excellent understanding of potential LNG Import Terminal options
- Enhance your knowledge of key criteria and drivers to analyze and select optimal LNG Import Terminals
- Gain valuable knowledge of systematic decision-making tools for selecting an optimal LNG Import Terminal based on limited information
- Influence and support critical corporate level decisions related to LNG Import Terminals
- Speak knowledgeably about LNG Import Terminals and the factors that influence key decisions
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training seminar will benefit a wide range of personnel in your organization involved in key decision making relating to LNG Import Terminals. It will give an insight to how key LNG Import Terminal option selection decisions can be systematically determined at an early stage with limited project specific information.
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Development Professionals
- Business Managers
- Project Managers
- Senior Leaders
- Team Leaders
- Strategic Decision Makers
LNG Import Terminal Key Drivers
- What is LNG and Why is it important?
- The LNG Supply Chain
- History of LNG Import Terminals
- Global Trends in LNG Imports
- Understanding the Drivers for Importing LNG
LNG Terminal Development Options
- Major Land-Based LNG Import Terminals
- Floating Storage and Regas Units (FSRUs)
- Floating Storage Unit (FSU) + Regas Unit (RU)
- Barge Based LNG Import Terminals
- Novel LNG Import Solutions
LNG Terminal Option Screening System
- Rational for a Screening System
- How the Screening System Works
- How to Determine Option Selection Criteria
- How to Assign Weight / Importance to Options
- Defining and Selecting Key Project Information
Applying Option Selection Criteria
- Step by Step Run through of Setting up the Screening System
- Example of Using the Option Screening System to Select an LNG Import Terminal Option
- Analyzing and Interpreting Screening System Results
- Workshop on Using the Option Screening System to Select an LNG Import Terminal Option
- Review and Discussion of Screening System Workshop Results
Defining the Optimal LNG Terminal Solution
- Key Technical Parameters to Define the Optimal LNG Terminal Solution
- Key Permitting Parameters to Define the Optimal LNG Terminal Solution
- Key Commercial Parameters to Define the Optimal LNG Terminal Solution
- Key Project Execution Parameters to Define the Optimal LNG Terminal Solution
- Final Question and Answer Session
- Course Leader’s Summary of the Complete Courses
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor, will be awarded to the delegates.
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance.
Share this Course:
Endorsed Education Provider
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients