Risk is key in any project yet is often misunderstood as to the huge value that it can deliver, both to the project itself and to the people involved. This interactive, highly practical GLOMACS Risk Management Professional training course is designed to help delegates cover the risk management framework from the fundamentals up to senior management level. This GLOMACS training course is delivered in such a way that delegates can expect to become skilled risk practitioners themselves.
Providing an in-depth understanding of the risk management framework from start to finish. Developing a core understanding of the risk management framework, to embedding risk management within your organisation's culture, to breaking behaviour barriers that prevent successful implementation, you will finish with the ability to effectively and resourcefully assess and monitor risks using practical tools.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- Key risk management concepts
- The importance of defining the project
- Risk management planning process
- Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis methods
- Appropriate responses and controlling techniques
Learn the theory and practice of risk management in-line with the ISO 31000 framework, using case studies and current affairs to bring material to life.
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will learn to:
- Understand how risk management can assist organisations to achieve their objectives and optimise decision making
- Learn about the benefits of risk management and its relationship with governance, assurance, and sustainability
- Know the types of risk faced by the organisation and the concepts of positive and negative risk
- The importance of ISO 31000: Risk management principles, framework and processes
- Gain an understanding of the importance of culture, communication, and behaviour
- Assess risk and select appropriate actions and controls using key tools
- Know how to communicate risks to all levels of your organisation, and to external stakeholders
- Gain an insight into determining your organisation’s appetite and tolerance for risk
Participants will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered with the tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Seminar methodology is designed around PMI® and RMP syllabi and includes an insight into appropriate methods as well as industry tools and processes used as practice examples.
This course includes teamwork around an applicable case study, with group discussion and critical analysis of risk in relation to stakeholders, processes and project context.
Any organization that takes risk seriously will gain huge benefits from this GLOMACS training course. By taking time to understand the importance of risk management and then backing that up with recognition of the key processes to be used, your employees will become more pro-active and avert many issues that become a huge thorn in the side of any organization.
Participants will gain key skills and learn many areas of competence around the area of risk management. Due to the construction of the course, all delegates will gain hands-on experience with many of the key steps and tools to use and manage risk well in their own projects or organizations.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of project professionals or people who work on the side-lines of projects for organizations and need to be more risk aware. The course will greatly benefit:
- Project Managers
- Project Engineers
- Project Support Staff
- Business Development Staff
- PMO Employees
Introduction to Risk Management Concepts
- Introduction to Risk & Risk Management
- Key Definitions
- Risk Definition and Project Risk Management
- Critical Success Factors for Project Risk Management
- Overall and Individual Risk Roles and Responsibilities
- Organisational Risk Attitudes
- Organisational Structures
- Stakeholder Identification & Analysis
- Stakeholder Risk Tolerances and Risk Attitudes
- Defining the Project & Project Management Plan
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
Risk Management Planning
- Critical Success Factors
- Risk Identification
- Project Resource Risks
- Tools and Techniques
Qualitative & Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Tools & Techniques
- Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Semi-Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Tools & Techniques
Risk Responses & Controlling
- Risk Response Planning
- Negative & Positive Risk Responses
- Measuring Results
- Risk Monitoring & Controlling
Share this Course:
REP logo, PMI & PMP are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients