|18 - 22 Dec 2023||Vienna - Austria||$5,950|
|04 - 08 Mar 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|17 - 21 Jun 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|16 - 20 Sep 2024||London - UK||$5,950|
|21 - 25 Oct 2024||New York - USA||$6,950|
|16 - 20 Dec 2024||Vienna - Austria||$5,950|
Sound investment decision–making in the public and private sectors is key to ensuring the sustainable health & growth of the economy. In this Project Risk Analysis & Management training course, you will acquire knowledge & tools to conduct financial and economic project appraisal.
If an important capital project does not achieve the financial and economic goals of the promoter organization, it can result in financial losses, waste of resources and impacts across wider reputational spheres. The goal of this training course is to avoid such situations by giving participants the tools and techniques of modern economic and financial project appraisal.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- The importance of careful risk assessment in the project planning and appraisal phase
- Modern concepts of risk assessment
- The advantages, disadvantages and practical applications of various risk management tools
- The increasingly important role of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) as a risk controlling solution for delivering successful projects
This interactive and practical Project Risk Analysis & Management training course will provide an insight into how procurement organizations can meet the challenge to pick and deliver the best projects against a context of limited resources.
It will take you through the key stages of project risk assessment, and provide guidance on risk management tools to improve project outcomes.
This training course will focus on the principal risk factors and other key issues that need to be considered in managing the planning of major, long-term, high-value projects.
This Project Risk Analysis & Management training course will conclude with an in-depth review of the most widely used mechanism for major projects, the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) contract; identifying, assessing and allocating the principal issues in adopting a PPP model.
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will be able to:
- Prepare a risk identification process within a project appraisal
- Identify key risk categories
- Appreciate the suitability of differing risk management solutions
- Recognize the benefits of the PPP project model
This Project Risk Analysis & Management training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The daily workshops will be highly interactive and participative. This will involve regular discussions on key concept in project appraisal and risk management, the uses and limitations of various techniques, and how best to identify, evaluate, select and structure these high value undertakings.
Application of sound project risk assessment and management techniques will enable the organization to forecast potential future conditions that might create strategic opportunities or jeopardize project success, thereby not only maximizing the organization's return on capital invested in projects, but also improving its reputation for delivering positive outcomes.
By the end of this training course, your contribution to your organization will have been significantly enhanced. You will be able to:
- Understand how to identify project risk and uncertainty
- Apply tools and techniques that address risk analysis / assessment
- Develop robust structures to allocate, mitigate or otherwise manager project risks
- Maximize the prospects of successful supplier tendering and project delivery
- Understand the core elements of public-private partnership contracting models and their use in managing project risks
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This Project Risk Analysis & Management training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals involved in the development, appraisal, implementation and management of projects. Those with previous experience in project appraisal will be able to share their expertise with others; the broad base of participants ensures that everyone benefits from a wide range of sector and policy perspectives.
This Project Risk Analysis & Management training course will particularly benefit:
- Project and Contracts Personnel in both public and private sectors
- Technical Specialists seeking broader perspectives of project planning & implementation
- Government Officials, Ministries, Public Sector Agencies
- Project Financiers, Developers, Sponsors, Consultants
- Risk Management Personnel's
- Project Management Professionals
Project Structure Selection
- Planning Structures for Delivering Projects
- Defining a risk tolerance baseline for all activity, plus incremental procedures for high-value, complex projects
- Scaling risk management to the size and complexity of a programme or project
- Project structures to address risks from the points of view of:
- Concession Contract Models
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Joint Ventures
- Service Outsourcings
- Keeping Structures & Financing Flexible to Accommodate Changes
Risk Identification & Assessment
- Risk Identification
- Developing a Risk Matrix with Risk Ratings based on Probability and Impact
- Types of Risk
- Hazard Risks
- Financial (business) Risks
- Operational (technical) Risks
- Strategic Risks
- Internal & Finance Risks
- External Risks
- Risk Assessment / Analysis
- Sensitivity Analysis – (“what if analysis”)
- Identifying Risks
- Identifying the Impacts of Risk
- Estimating the Likelihood of Risks Occurring
- Estimate the Cost of Risk
- Risk Response / Mitigation Planning
- Monitoring and Communicating Risk
- Objective of Project Risk Management
- Tools and Techniques for Risk Management
- Avoidance – modifying a project plan
- Transference – shifting consequences and responsibilities
- Mitigation – preventative action
- Acceptance – accepting risk outcomes
- Limitations of Risk Management
- Use of Insurance & External / 3rd Party Mechanisms in Risk Strategies
- Constructing a Risk-adjusted Project Cost Model
- Using Risk Factors to Test Affordability
- The Roles of Incentives, Sanctions and Risk Sharing
- Using Project Design, Financial and Organizational Arrangements as Risk Management Tools
The PPP Contract Model
- The General Principles of How Project Appraisal, Selection, Design and Risk Management ensure more measurable, controllable, successful projects
- What are Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs)?
- The Dynamics of PPPs & How Key Risk Areas can be Managed
- Use of PPPs in Different Sectors and Services
- The Roles and Relationships of Public and Private Parties
- Principal Ways PPP Contracts Can Be Properly Managed
- What are the Lessons for Adopting and/or Adapting PPP Models Across Future Projects?
Project Funding Solutions
- Embedding Risk Management into Normal Operations
- Allotting Appropriate Resources for Risk Management Activities
- Integrating Risk Management into Project Protocols and Controls
- Risk Management Monitoring and Control throughout the Project Lifecycle to Improve and Guide Risk Management Processes
- Evaluating Effectiveness of Risk Response Actions (and making adjustments within the project cycle)
- Summaries of Conclusions and Group Discussions
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor and Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours from Project Management Institute (PMI®), will be awarded to the delegates
Endorsed Education Provider
A PMI registered mark
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
The Energy Training Centre
Our collaboration with Energy Training Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour