No matter how experienced a port or terminal manager or supervisor you may be, the ability to manage your business is the one attribute that will help to differentiate you from others in your role. Equally importantly learning how to be a better manager will enable you to progress in your career, while permitting your organisation to gain the maximum benefit from your skills.
But, being able to make effective managerial decisions isn’t just about choosing a ‘Yes’ or a ‘No’ based on the information in front of you. Much more than that, it’s about being able to find a compromise, often between complex and conflicting parameters.
This Port and Terminal Management online training course is tailor-made for port and terminal management professionals, and will help you to understand how successfully to operate in one of the world’s most challenging environments.
This GLOMACS online training course will examine:
- A sector overview, including introduction to key participants, infrastructures, and the various different operational formats
- The issues and challenges associated with port and terminal operations, including supply chain issues
- Sector trends – how port and terminal operations are changing, and how managers can respond
- Worldwide demand and pricing for port and terminal operations – how do competition and economic factors affect price and demand?
- Where profits are made, and how these can be driven higher
- Devising and implementing a successful sector-specific strategic plan
- The role and value of branding and marketing within the sector
By the end of this Port and Terminal Management online training course, participants will learn:
- How to devise and implement a fully featured sector specific strategic growth plan
- How terminals have become a vital element of the commodity and goods supply chain, and how they are integral to the effective operation of ports
- The ways in which terminals and ports can work seamlessly together for the benefit of their owners and operators
- Best practice benchmarking of operators and terminals to maximise revenue and profit
- The security of the terminal and the protection of the environment
- Business strategy, marketing, business development and sales, pricing, and customer service
- Economic factors governing terminal operations, and how these can help to determine managerial and operational parameters.
- The economic drivers affecting the international logistics market
- Sector-specific leadership and management issues
- Legislative structures governing terminal and port operations – how these can dictate operational processes & procedures
- Contractual issues relating to shipping lines, cargo owners and the practices and principles of managing a project
- To gain a competitive edge in this fast-evolving marketplace
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Delegates will gain the following from attendance:
- An understanding of how to devise a sector-specific strategic plan
- An ability to implement their strategy to ensure success
- A greater insight into the supply chain, marketing, and economic workings of the port and terminal operational sector
- How to explain and justify your managerial decisions and strategy
- An appreciation of the functions of a port officer, manager, and director within the industry
- A strategic template that can be used to guarantee a competitive edge
Participants will gain:
- An enhanced knowledge of management theory and practice, with direct relevance to the sector
- An appreciation of macro and micro-economic issues affecting the port and terminal sector
- Practical understanding of how to apply their knowledge to their everyday work environment
- Which tools provide the best returns in the sector
- How to integrate strategic knowledge and operations with other forms of management practice within the sector
- The value of visionary management
- How to deal with a crisis
Who Should Attend?
The Port and Terminal Management online training course is designed to benefit industry personnel, directors, and other staff within the sector.
In particular, the following will find it invaluable:
- Those new to the port and terminal management
- Existing personnel in the sector, who are migrating to a management related function
- Managerial staff looking to gain a greater insight into the sector
- Staff wishing to understand how the economics, supply chain and business case sector management affect their function