We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Process equipment, structures and piping systems may be subjected to severe service conditions including high constant or fluctuating stresses, extreme temperatures and various types of corrosion. This could cause loss of structural integrity, leading to degradation and damage. If such damage is not detected and assessed in a timely manner, it could result in catastrophic failures with potentially enormous consequential losses of life and assets.
To ensure that engineering systems are capable of handling the service conditions in all foreseeable operating scenarios, they must first be designed through the selection of appropriate materials of construction and in accordance with recognized design methodologies and codes.
It is also important to incorporate safeguards and controls to prevent operation outside the "design and operational envelope" and to inspect the process equipment with the view to detect any damage, characterize it, and assess its impact on the equipment "Fitness For Service".
This comprehensive and structured GLOMACS Understanding and Preventing Process Equipment Failures online training seminar aims at providing a clear understanding of the major degradation mechanisms that process equipment and systems will be subjected to during their operating life, how to identify them, their effect on the integrity of the equipment and what appropriate measures can be taken to prevent and control the resultant damage.
This GLOMACS online training seminar will feature:
- Main aspects of mechanical testing of structures
- Knowledge of the main types of structural failure
- Aspects of structural integrity and mitigation techniques
- Safe control and best practice use of engineering equipment
- Inspection and non destructive methods
By the end of this GLOMACS online training seminar, participants will enhance their competencies in the following areas:
- Understanding and prediction of the degradation mechanisms that affect process equipment fitness for service and could result in significant potential failures
- The inter-dependence of design, operation, and maintenance for achieving mechanical integrity of mechanical equipment
- Have a sound knowledge of the various types mechanical failure mechanisms, including fracture mechanics, Fatigue, Creep and corrosion
- Understand the basic concepts of inspection and NDT methods and their effective application
- Be familiar with relevant failure mitigation principles
This online training seminar will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training seminar is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
- The company will achieve improved mechanical integrity and availability of the equipment and piping systems
- Damage to process equipment and risk due to failure will be significantly reduced
- Reduction in cases of uncontrolled changes through better understanding of the significance and interdependence of design, operation and maintenance on integrity of the process equipment
- Improved competencies will result in higher staff productivity and effectiveness
- Learnings from failure investigations would prevent recurrence of failures
- The company will achieve improvement in loss prevention and safety as well as in financial performance
- Participants will gain sound and practical understanding of the major degradation mechanisms in various industries, how to predict them, how to assess their impact on process equipment over their operating life, and how to prevent and control these degradation and damage mechanisms using best industry practices
- Participants will extend their knowledge about prevention of damage to process equipment through the effective application of key design, operation, maintenance, and integrity fundamentals and practices
- Participants will extend their knowledge about inspection and testing strategies and methods and their effective application to achieve the highest probability of detection of damage and defects
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS online training seminar is intended for:
- Staff who use or supervise activities requiring the selection, design / fabrication or use of mechanical equipment or component parts
- Engineers who seek a basic understanding of the practical aspects of evaluation of structural integrity
- Operation, Technical Service and Maintenance Professionals from various processing plants involved in everyday operation, control, inspection and maintenance of equipment
- Engineers and Consultants dealing with planning of new production plants, retrofitting plants and introducing new technologies
- Technical Professionals responsible for maintenance and repair of equipment
- Project and Asset Managers