Organizations today are presented with an ever-growing number of challenges, compounded by the speed of technological change and evolution, all of which act together to increase business risk. Evidence indicates that Resilient organisations are successfully proactive; they can foresee relevant scenarios that may have damaging effects on business operations. Therefore, if you have, or could have, a key role to play in the resilience of your organisation, then this course is for you.
Business Resilience as a corporate goal is the ability to anticipate, avoid, protect, withstand, mitigate, respond and recover from the effects of change or adversity. This GLOMACS training course explores these and other concepts of resilience to understand key mechanisms that organisations should develop to best cope with continuous change and to swiftly recover from hardship.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- Understanding the features of BSI 65000
- Guidance on achieving enhanced Business Resilience
- Identification and investigation of 13 indicators that assesses the resilience of an organisation
- How pro-active individuals in resilient organisations improve the reliability of operations
- How to recover and bounce back from trauma, quickly restoring business capabilities
- How to demonstrate a clear focus on developing confidence and leadership capabilities
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand risk, security, safety, preparedness, resilience, response & reliability
- Design policy and controls for you to manage Change as well as Risk
- Apply concepts and innovative solutions to achieve business resilience
- Determine how to monitor the performance of your Resilience system
- Draw on an extensive knowledge base of organisational resilience
This GLOMACS training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes leadership, management and organisational improvement techniques utilising exercises, syndicate role playing, group discussions, crisis communication skills and team problem solving challenges. A comprehensive course manual, checklists, with relevant case studies, DVD´s and realistic exercises will cover all the aspects of the latest standards.
In addition to the ability to recover quickly from multiple challenges and disruptions, the key to true Business Resilience is to create a culture of continuous improvement. Learning from past mistakes is of the essence in enabling organizations to emerge from a crisis more effective and more resilient than before.
- Develop a prevention preparedness and a dynamic response / continuity / recovery policy
- Establish objectives, procedures and processes to achieve policy commitments
- Assure competency, awareness and training
- Take action as necessary to improve performance and demonstrate success
- Establish and apply a process for continual improvement
Having developed an information rich environment, you will develop a good grasp of the “health” of the system by turning knowledge and data into intelligence by identifying future patterns and trends.
- Gain an understanding of the rationale and principles underpinning the five principles of business resilience
- Appreciate the value and business benefits from taking an organisational resilience approach
- Understand how to be networked gaining appropriate leadership skills within a resilient culture
- Hear first-hand experiences in building resilience and how to survive adversity
- Analyse and discuss a selection of key research papers and articles on organisational resilience
Who Should Attend?
The advanced nature of this event will prove beneficial to those in management and team leadership with responsibility for either planning for or responding to change and crises across the complete management spectrum. This GLOMACS training course is suitable therefore to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Designated Incident, Emergency and Crisis Response Managers
- Fire, Safety and Security Professionals
- Risk, Marketing and Insurance Managers
- Operation, Asset, HR and Facility Managers
- Ministry or Government Regulators