|18 - 22 Dec 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|12 - 16 Aug 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|16 - 20 Dec 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|12 - 16 Aug 2024||Online||$3,950|
In order to ascertain whether a structure contains oil or gas, a well has to be drilled through it. One can get important information from the well, such as drill cuttings, cores and different logs.
From these data one can ascertain whether there is oil or gas in the well, and further information about the quality of the reservoir, If the results are promising, one or more zones in the well are sometimes tested - either with a wireline formation tester - so-called mini test - or a drill- stem test (DST). If the results of the test are good, more appraisal wells are drilled to map the extent of the field.
Primarily in this Basic Drilling Technology training course we emphasize the modern ways of drilling in a cost-effective approach while we explain how the field is thoroughly evaluated. This includes estimating the volume of hydro - carbons in the field, consideration of drive mechanism and the expected formation pressures. This forms the basis for the field development plan. Cash flow, capital and operating expenditure for the field are estimated following the drilling sequence and the production tests, so that the profitability can be considered. If the economic evaluation of the field seems positive, it is deemed commercially viable and can therefore be developed.
This Basic Drilling Technology training course will clarify in-depth the drilling of Exploration wells. Also we meet other terms for these wells like Wildcat, Appraisal wells, Development wells or production wells. During the training course the drilling rigs will be presented together with full description of basic components of the rig.
The GLOMACS Basic Drilling Technology training course will feature:
- Introduction to special drilling for highly deviated wells or horizontal ones and the practical means and tools to achieve these demanding works.
- Estimated TD, production potential.
- Geological prognosis considerations prior to start drilling activities
- Casing and cementing design
- Coring and open hole logging
By the end of this Basic Drilling Technology training course, delegates will learn:
- Differences of Drilling onshore or offshore and the influence in the cost of well
- Describe the inherent risks while drilling and need for careful on time diagnostics, action under good supervision for safe drilling.
- Describe the possible implications while drilling high pressures zones.
- Selection of proper drilling fluid for each section of the well to be drilled
- Mud logging services
- List and describe the surface drilling equipment requirements; BOP, D/P and accessories
- Describe well pressure control and safety issues originated from geological anomalies
- Well control and circulation methods to kill the well
- The running of Open hole logging per each drilled section
This “Basic Drilling Technology” training course will be presented using properly designed materials, some and animation on relevant issues. A manual containing all the slides and/or electronic form in PDF will be delivered to each attendant. Teaching methods include several examples of actual well drilling. Pre & Post Course Assessments are integrated in this course.
The organization will gain, in sending their employees to attend this Basic Drilling Technology training course, the following:
- To keep familiar with all phases for drilling a well keeping the expenses to minimum.
- Reduction in the cost of the well by proper selection of bits and ideal drilling BHA’S.
- Achieving good control of the well integrity in all aspects while drilling avoiding all risks.
- Obtain deep knowledge of drilling and the selection of proper equipment, tools, rigs and services to fulfill the scope of work.
- Learn about LOT and FIT tests and apply what is best for the well and the company
- Improve the skills necessary to effectively and safely control a well during drilling
- Be familiar with well killing methods.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This GLOMACS Basic Drilling Technology training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals and will greatly benefit:
- Drilling Engineers
- Drilling Supervisors
- Drilling Foremen
- Production supervisors and foremen
- Completion supervisors and engineers
- Workover and well service supervisors
- Service Co engineers
- Economists and procurement engineers
- Mud engineers
- Mud technicians
Pre Drilling Considerations
- Reservoir Considerations
- Work program
- Permission to Drilling
- Cost and time estimate
- AFE Approval
- Rig Selection according to type of the well and estimated TD
- Description of rig components
- Provision of materials
- DST considerations and or completion requirement
- Pad preparation for rig reception.
- Offshore cases
- Pore pressure calculations
- Geological prognosis
- Drilling Fluids program
- Casing and cementing design
- Coring services
- Open hole logging per section drilled
- Personnel and supervision
Actual Drilling Operation
- Drilling monitoring
- Minimum Drilling Parameters required
- Bits selection
- Drilling problems
- Technical accidents
- Circulation losses
- Pipe stuck
- Fishing operations
- Cement plug around lost in hole pipes
- Kicking over fish and continuation of drilling
- LOT and FIT tests
- Secure section drilled by running casing prematurely and cement in place
Well Control Procedures
- BOP stuck
- Kick problems
- Well Killing operations and methods
- Flow checks and pore pressure estimation
- Cement plugs
- Contingency plan and deviation from original program
- Amendment program for drilling continuation
- Liner running procedures
- Well testing, DST and evaluation of pay zone. Completion preparations if development well
Special Drilling Applications
- Highly deviated wells
- Horizontal wells
- Logging while drilling (MWD), (LWD)
- Under balance drilling
- Drilling with air
- Drilling with foam
- Drilling Reports
- Mud logging services when necessary
- Suspension of the well till completion
- Final abandonment if the well is dry
- Rig release
- Final report. Post drilling summary
- Economics and comparison versus estimated ones
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour