Corrosion is a common and a very expensive problem in most of the industry it is very obvious in chemical, oil and gas industry and in petrochemical, pipelines and storage tanks are most subjected to this problem learning how to reduce it and to eliminate it in few cases can be very useful and highly recommended.
An understanding of corrosion and its control is vital for any company hoping to avoid the high costs that can be directly or indirectly attributed to corrosion.
There are a variety of techniques which are designed to protect vital components and installations against corrosion. One particular and important corrosion minimisation technique is Cathodic Protection. This technique can be divided into Sacrificial Anode or Impressed Voltage.
This 5-day GLOMACS Cathodic Protection for Port Infrastructure training programme provides you with fundamental principles, evaluation and applications of Cathodic Protection, helping participants recognise and then select Cathodic Protection control methods.
Particular emphasis will be on the corrosion and Cathodic Protection of port infrastructures, including pipelines, storage tanks and concrete structures.
- Understand the general principles of corrosion and corrosion protection techniques
- Understand different types of corrosion
- Understanding the corrosion and protection of port infrastructures, including pipelines, storage tanks and concrete structures
- Understand the Cathodic Protection systems; namely sacrificial anode and impressed current
- Appreciate the differences between sacrificial anode systems
- Understand the principals behind impressed current Cathodic Protection
- Know the influence of coating properties and their influence on Cathodic Protection
- Understand the methods of line and coating inspection
- Learn how to making basic field measurements for Cathodic Protection applications
- Learn how to make line current measurements
- Learn about the maintenance, rehabilitation and corrosion inspection of concert structures
- Understand and use the governing Cathodic Protection mathematical equations
- Corrosion test methods and interpretation of results
- Understand the economic considerations of Cathodic Protection systems
This GLOMACS Cathodic Protection for Port Infrastructure training course combines structured and focused presentations and discussions of topics covered with relevant examples and question & answer sessions to maximize the benefits to the participants.
Additional simulations and videos will be used. Participants will be provided with comprehensive course notes and Electronic copies of all presentation material. These will be very valuable for detailed study and future reference.
- The company will achieve improved and optimised corrosion protection for various structures and components, including pressure equipment, piping systems and process equipment
- Optimised, Cathodic Protection, criteria will increase and predict the life of components and equipment under various corrosion types and conditions
- Damage to process equipment and risk due to failure will be significantly reduced through the proper selection of Cathodic Protection corrosion reduction criteria, maintenance and materials selection
- Improved competencies will result in higher staff productivity and effectiveness
- The company will achieve improvement in loss prevention and safety as well as in financial performance
- Participants will gain sound and practical understanding of corrosion principles and types of corrosion that are related to oil, gas and water
- Participants will also extend their knowledge of various types of corrosion inspection and Cathodic Protection, methods, with emphasis on port infrastructures
- Participants will have a better understanding of corrosion maintenance, trouble shooting and minimising the cost of corrosion, in relation to process equipment
Who Should Attend?
Personnel needing a basic understanding of corrosion principles and Cathodic Protection and how to eliminate or protect equipment, pipelines, storage tanks, concrete structures, etc.
This GLOMACS training course is also suitable for: