Projects frequently fail, not because of a lack of technical skills on the part of those executing the project, but because of inadequate coordination, integration, communication and control of project activities, people, stakeholders and contractors. This is due mainly to the inability of many project managers to successfully apply the tools and techniques of modern project coordination and control to their projects, as well as to manage and motivate the human resources assigned to the project.
In addition to the financial losses suffered by the organization, many such projects also fail to deliver the required quality of outcomes intended for the project, as a direct consequence of the inadequate identification, definition, planning and control of client or end-user requirements. At this level of management, project and program managers interface to a much larger degree with the strategic business goals and objectives of the company, and are typically involved in strategic business and financial decisions affecting the overall success and efficiency of the organization.
Hence, integration and beneficial utilization of organizational resources, and the application of project portfolio management skills, become critical to the effective and successful delivery of projects.
The following and the highlights of this GLOMACS training course:
- Coordinate and integrate projects, people, suppliers, and stakeholders
- Proactively identify the requirements of the project in terms of the business objectives
- Understand what it takes to be a successful and effective project coordinator
- Select and manage teams and plan and control projects successfully
- Sidestep the most common project management pitfalls and problems
- Understand and practice effective project coordination techniques in successfully completing and handing over projects
This brand new GLOMACS Effective Project Coordination & Management training course will significantly enhance the skills and knowledge of delegates and improve their ability to plan, manage, and control projects. The material has been designed to enable delegates to apply all of the material with immediate effect at the office.
The primary objectives of this GLOMACS training course are to help delegates to:
- Gain knowledge of techniques used in project planning and control
- Systematically define, design, and integrate end-user requirements in the project
- Identify risk sources and learn how to mitigate potential risks and deal with uncertainty
- Learn how to administer project documentation and reporting
- Develop effective performance monitoring and control systems
- Effectively select, develop, and manage human resource
Delegates will develop fundamental project management performance and control skills and knowledge through formal and interactive learning methods. This Effective Project Coordination & Management training course includes team projects, applicable case studies, group discussion and critical analysis of video material based on actual large construction projects.
Additionally, this Project Management training course does not assume prior knowledge of the topics covered in this training course. New concepts and tools are introduced gradually to enable delegates to progress from the fundamental to the more advanced concepts of project management.
This Effective Project Coordination & Management training course will provide you with a proven set of critical methods, processes, tools and techniques to coordinate projects and people, and set up organizational structures to ensure maximum integration across organizations.
- Integrate project progress, resources and risk strategies into a dynamic, manageable plan
- Maintain continuous project performance and delivery control
- Measure, forecast and control project performance by employing earned value techniques
- Produce clear and concise project progress reports
- Identify the consequences of risk and uncertainty on the project
- Effectively manage project teams, stakeholders, and groups of people
- This training course takes the practice of project planning, coordination, integration and control to a new level to ensure maximum results
- The most recent developments in the field are included to provide fresh inputs to your project management efforts
- The training course takes a practical rather than a theoretical approach so that new skills can be applied with immediate effect
- High quality videos of substantial projects of different kinds are screened and discussed during the training course
- Group activities and exercises will ensure mastery of the practical application of new skills learned
- Related project management fields such as risk are continuously incorporated to provide an integrated view of the total project management process
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is designed for:
- Project Management Professionals
- Project Planning Engineers and Managers
- Senior Project Control and Business Services Professionals who have the responsibility for planning and controlling project schedules and costs in client and contracting companies