|11 - 15 Dec 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|17 - 21 Jun 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|09 - 13 Dec 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
The Environmental and Social Impact Assessment training course provides the necessary concepts, knowledge, and good practices about managing environmental and social impacts resulting from development projects. This is a process of evaluating the likely environmental and social impacts of a proposed project or development, considering inter-related socio-economic, cultural, and human-health impacts, both beneficial and adverse.
This GLOMACS training course aims to help those who engage in development projects understand how their projects could affect the environment and how the environment could affect their projects. Then by using a formal methodology, it will maximise the positive impacts, and negative ones will be reduced or minimised to acceptable levels. Moreover, it will provide the delegates with a holistic picture about the main trends of interaction between environment, society, and business through discussing how and when business interacts with the surrounding environment and society and how the environment reacts with such interaction and how society could affect and be affected by business and what is the expected role of business in improving both environment and society, not just through remediation for the negative impacts, but through value creation and better maximised positive impacts.
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the main components of the environment and current environmental issues like climate change and sustainable development
- Learn the main environmental and social impact that could result from development project
- Use a variety of management techniques, analytical tools to assess the environmental and social impact
- Perform plans and other controlling techniques for the impact result from the projects.
- Involve the affected and interested public in all aspects of the project
Different learning techniques will be used during the training course, starting from PowerPoint presentations, interactive practical exercises, workshops, focused group discussions, related videos, and business case studies.
The training course will explain the relationship between environment and development and how environmental and social impact assessment could be used as a powerful tool to help organizations to achieve their goals without negatively affecting the environment and society, and this will be through:
- Better ability to understand the main elements of the environment surrounding projects
- The capability to identify different environmental and social impacts affect air, soil, and water
- Recognize the role of ESIA in achieving sustainable development
- Acquiring knowledge about ESIA regulations and procedures
- Implement the acquired knowledge in an appropriate context related to the organisation’s business
The delegates will enhance their understanding of the relationship between environment, society, and economic development, and this will be through the following:
- Implement project management tools and concepts on sustainability topics
- Gain a new perspective about ESIA as a mandatory tool for project success
- Think strategically about the challenges and opportunities related to the environment and economy
- Understand the result of the main impacts of the development projects and how these impacts affect their organisations, and how to manage them
- Apply techniques to include society in their decision-making process regards to development projects that could affect the society
- Implement analytical tools to improve their understanding of such impacts on the environment and society
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Environmental and Social Impact Assessment is necessary for everyone engaged in projects and operations that directly and indirectly impact the environment and society.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Management Teams, whether project managers, engineers, planners, and project coordinators
- Business Development Professionals who intend to expand their knowledge in the relationship between energy & sustainability
- Strategists who are responsible for setting the organization long-term goals and targets
- Sustainability professionals aim to improve their business skills and practices
Introduction and Overview of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)
- Introduction about the concept of ESIA, placing it within the framework of sustainable development
- The history of EIA: Why it was introduced and how it has evolved?
- The purpose, principles, and process of ESIA
- Some contemporary issues of ESIA practice
- An overview of the different types of ESIA systems: Which are in place?
- The legal, institutional and policy framework of ESIA
- Factors should be considered when changing the ESIA system
Public Involvement, Screening and Scoping
- The role, scope, and contribution of public involvement in the ESIA and decision-making processes
- Different stages of the ESIA process: An option of the public involvement
- Principles and requirements for use for this purpose
- Concept of screening and scoping
- Various procedures and methods for conducting screening and scoping and comparing their strengths and weaknesses
- Significance in screening and scoping
- Methods used in identification, prediction, and evaluation for different types of environmental and social impacts
- How can we use these methods in ESIA practices?
- The Impact of Solid Wastes: Whether hazardous or non-hazardous solid wastes
- Different methods and techniques for waste treatment
- Establishment of the integrated solid waste management plan
Water and Air Impact Analysis
- Types of Air Pollutant
- Impact of air pollutants on the human body
- Risk Assessment of Air Pollutants
- Different Kinds of Water Pollutants
- Stages of Water treatment
Mitigation and Impact Management
- The role of mitigation in the ESIA process and its importance for impact management
- The principles, elements of the approach, and measures that are used for mitigation
- Social Impact Assessment
- Strategic Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Future Environmental & Social Directions and Trends
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
The Energy Training Centre
Our collaboration with Energy Training Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour