This highly interactive GLOMACS Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) Facilitator Skills training course will focus on the essential skills for a FMECA facilitator, supported by tailor-made exercises and constructive personal feedback. This intensive training course will also enable you to organize and represent the FMECA process in your company, explain every aspect of the FMECA method, and guide the process of gathering and verifying information in the FMECA and pursue agreement.
Asset Management nowadays has to meet a broad range of business and SHE objectives of the company and therefore requires a multidisciplinary approach. FMECA, failure mode effect and criticality analysis, is a practical instrument to analyze and compile all these aspects in one overview which is comprehensible for all people involved in the asset management process, including those on the shop floor.
However, a FMECA facilitation is a complex task. One needs to understand the system with its functions on a conceptual level and must understand the explanations of experts about failures, preventive measures and operational procedures. The facilitator should know everything about the principles of failure mode, effect and criticality analysis as well as the specific tools and templates which are used in the company.
Critical to success is a facilitator who is aware of the group dynamics during the FMECA sessions. The facilitator must be able to switch roles between attention to people, process and technical complex content.
This training course will highlight:
- The FMECA principles, methods, templates and process (also Root Cause Analysis, Reliability Centered Maintenance)
- Theory: the analytical basis of ‘FMECA thinking’ – risk, functions, norms, causality, risks, criticality, preventive and corrective actions
- The Characteristics of FMECA Data Gathering: facts, level of detail, use of language in multidisciplinary teams
- The dynamics in multidisciplinary teams and thinking preferences
- Facilitator skills as systematic questioning, listening, recapitulating, dealing with frustrations, managing the process, flexible workflow, keep in control and delegate whenever possible
This FMECA Facilitator training course focuses on a thorough and highly customized FMECA tool in which valuable information is gathered based on the full support of the FMECA team, accomplished by the professional skills of the facilitator.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Knowing and understanding the FMECA and related methods in use in the company
- How to organize the FMECA process and involve participants
- Able to present and explain the FMECA tools and software
- Systematic questioning and judge information
- Able to validate the FMECA results with an expert group
Participants to this Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) Facilitator Skills Training course will share mutual insights and feedbacks. The participants receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline, with a combination of theory, practical examples, many exercises and application on issues from their own work environment.
By attending this training course, your organization will get sustainable results:
- The strategic, technical and process expertise and practical knowledge and experience will be joined and registered in a professional way
- The organisation of FMECA sessions will be smooth and embedded in regulated processes
- A skilled facilitator will prepare, organize, lead and evaluate with only one focus: to join the knowledge and experience of you experts
- The FMECA sessions will be more satisfying and successful
- A skilled facilitator will understand the needs of all participants and reach for widespread support
- Improving the FMECA processes and formats by learning from the practice of other participants
By attending this training course the participants will:
- Understand the increasing importance of knowledge management and the use of FMECA tools
- Understand the huge importance of the cooperation with the problem owner, all involved experts and his or her role as a facilitator
- Learn about their own pitfalls while discussing technical issues, working in multidisciplinary teams and how important it is to stay away from content involvement
- Be skilled to prepare, organize, lead the process and evaluate FMECA sessions
- Be skilled to manage a multidisciplinary teams and respect everyone in his or her strength
- Be skilled to reach for consensus, manage disagreement and use a proven shared language
- Significantly improve their personal effectiveness and boost their future career opportunities
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable and will be greatly beneficial for you if:
- You work in in the field of Maintenance, Operations or SHE / quality as a facilitator or team leader
- You are familiar with, or willing to learn the process of asset management and the tools in use
- You love to work with people and get the best out of them
- You feel the need to improve yourself in motivating teams and analyzing detailed information