This GLOMACS Fundamentals of Transition Engineering training seminar provides tools to enable delegates to make the best strategic business decisions to adapt to the changing forward operating environment. It will enable delegates to define management systems that will give them better information about the system dynamics of their organisations and better information about foreseeable changes in the operating environment. It will enable them to identify organisational risks associated with “business as usual”, and to make better strategic decisions about changing the forward direction of the organisation.
All wise business leaders recognise “that change is needed” and they know there are “un-sustainability” risks but the direct links with business success may be unclear. This GLOMACS Fundamentals of Transition Engineering training seminar will enable delegates to decide “what change is needed” based on a robust, data-based understanding of their business and how it is impacted by any external change. This will give delegates a robust understanding of which changes and technologies should be a part of long term corporate strategy, and which are just “green window dressing”. The future will not look like the past; this seminar will provide delegates organisations with the capacity to ensure the future includes long term prosperity and resilience to external changes.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- How to understand System Dynamics – How our organisation interacts with external change
- Key challenges, risks and future scenarios
- Fundamentals of the “Transition Engineering and Innovation” Approach
- Tools to help decision making about future direction and strategic change
- How to implement strategic change using day to day management programmes
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar on Fundamentals of Transition Engineering, you will be able to:
- Understand system dynamics between your organisation and the operating environment
- Identify and Articulate possible future business risks from “un-sustainability”
- Design better strategies using Transition Engineering and Innovation thinking tools
- Establish a high degree of confidence in the long-term prosperity of your organisation
- Make better decisions by “thinking differently”
This GLOMACS Fundamentals of Transition Engineering training seminar includes various techniques to maximise understanding, retention and ability to apply the learning, including a course manual, suggested reading, presentations, individual and group exercises, video and group discussion.
This GLOMACS training course will be interactive and will challenge delegates to “think differently” about “sustainability” and about the strategic direction of their organisation. The tutor will guide delegates to apply the learning, and their understanding of their own organisations, to synthesize viable solutions to foreseeable problems.
Organisations will be better prepared to prosper in a changing future, based on:
- Better tools to understand how the organisation works within the wider operating environment
- The ability to see the future with clarity where there is obscurity
- The ability to make robust decisions where is only a vague trust in “business as usual”
- The ability to set a robust DIRECTION of future business strategy
- The ability to decide direction of change, to improve existing capacity for change
- The ability to make long term financial plans with confidence
Participants will gain a new way of thinking and greater satisfaction in their decision-making abilities.
- Learn how to think differently – This on its own can be an eye-opening experience
- Gain a new decision-making discipline - Transition Engineering
- Gain the ability to define better strategic direction
- Learn from the co-founder of the Global Association for Transition Engineering
- Become part of a global network of professionals tackling “unsustainability” challenges
- Become the person in your team with the clearest future vision
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course on Fundamentals of Transition Engineering is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Strategic decision makers facing a “wicked problem”, typically decision makers in organisations charged with deciding strategic direction in the face of complex challenges such as climate change, energy dependence and the corporate response to “sustainability”
- Professionals in decision making and leadership roles responsible for ensuring their organisation responds to external changes that challenge business prosperity
- Professionals developing strategy related to energy-dependent functions of the organisation including manufacturing, transport and buildings