This Lean Project Management training course will provide many of the key methods and messages crucial for organisations to deliver better projects, improve team work and ultimately satisfy the project funders with improved ROI.
Project management may be an everyday part of many companies, but it is still an area that many struggle with. Regardless of whether the project was selected based on sound facts and decisions, or how well experienced the project team may be, if it is not managed well at every step, this can lead to project issues and ultimately disappointing results for the organisation. Considering this possibility in the Oil & Gas industry is paramount to the success and stability of many projects and project organisations; aiming to reduce poor management, avoiding duplication or work or wastage of time, misuse of resources and failing to satisfy the client when the specified requirements are not met.
This Lean Project Management training course will consider how to introduce Lean to your projects and also improve your ability to make timely decisions and positively impact various projects within the Oil & Gas industry.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- The main improvements that a Lean methodology can deliver
- Identification of challenges to a Lean process
- Key differences between Agile and Lean, and where they can support one another
- The importance of good leadership and team involvement
- How the Lean is crucial for the future success of Oil & Gas projects
LEAN is a management system that focuses on improving the overall quality of how an organisation works.
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Understand how to understand and thus satisfy your stakeholders better
- Improve the overall quality of how a project can be delivered through your value stream
- Learn to take into consideration every process in the organisation and help improve efficiency and effectiveness of each employee and each process
- Gain an understanding in how to create “flow” by reducing wastage of time and resources
- Understand the importance of improving the quality of the project deliverable and relationships by responding to client “pull”
- Pursue perfection and gain better value for money
- Identify some of the key leadership and motivational skills that will drive a Lean project to success
Participants will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered with the tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Training course methodology is designed around a PMI® syllabus and includes an insight into appropriate methods as well as industry tools and processes used as practice examples.
This training course includes teamwork around an applicable Oil & Gas case study, with group discussion and critical analysis of project stakeholders and project context.
The organisation gains the confidence that their employees can improve project delivery whilst improving the organisational processes as a whole. The organisation as a whole improves by:
- Define, design and run projects that will deliver lasting business value
- Learn to how to run projects that deliver lasting business value
- Apply the principles of long-term Lean processes for stand-alone projects and programmes
- Presenting a greater understanding of the context of the project and having processes that relate to and support others
- Improved capturing of requirements through a robust preparation before detailed planning
- Improved quality of all processes used in project management
- A more efficient and effective project team, both at manager and member levels
- Have a strong leadership-based team who are motivated to delivering Lean projects successfully
For participants, they become better in the field of project management by learning how to :
- Understand the importance of strategising towards long-term Lean processes for stand-alone projects and also programmes
- Understand the context of the project within the organisation and how each process relates to others
- Understand the importance of capturing requirements early
- and improve the overall quality of the processes to aid project delivery
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of each project team member
- Learn and practice some of the key leadership and motivational skills required to deliver a Lean project successfully
Who Should Attend?
This Lean Project Management training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals involved in the development, appraisal, implementation and management of projects. Those with previous experience in project appraisal will be able to share their expertise with others; the broad base of participants ensures that everyone benefits from a wide range of sector and policy perspectives.
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Leaders in Oil & Gas Projects
- Technical Specialists seeking broader perspectives of project management & leadership
- Project Managers or Project Engineers with leadership responsibilities on or offshore
- Project Developers, Sponsors, Consultants
- Project Controls Personnel
- Project Management Professionals