No matter how experienced a Petroleum sector manager or supervisor you may be, the ability to market your business is the one attribute that will help to differentiate you from others in your role. Equally importantly, learning how to be a better marketer will enable you to progress in your career, while permitting your organisation to gain the maximum benefit from your skills within the petroleum, oil and gas sectors.
But, being able to make effective marketing decisions isn’t just about choosing a ‘Yes’ or a ‘No’ based on the information in front of you. Much more than that, it’s about being able to find a compromise, often between complex and conflicting parameters.
This highly-interactive GLOMACS International Petroleum Marketing training course is tailor-made for petroleum, oil and gas sector professionals, and will help you understand how to successfully market in one of the world’s most challenging environments.
This GLOMACS training course will examine:
- A petroleum marketing overview, including introduction of key participants, infrastructures and the various different forms of marketing in the petroleum sector
- The issues and challenges associated with marketing petroleum products
- Petroleum marketing trends – how petroleum products are changing, and how marketers can respond
- Worldwide demand and pricing for petroleum products – how do organisations like OPEC affect production and price
- Where profits are made in the supply chain, and how these can be driven higher
- Devising and implementing a successful sector-specific marketing strategy
- The role and value of branding within the petroleum sector
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will learn to:
- Devise and implement a fully-featured petroleum sector specific marketing strategy
- Understand the economic drivers affecting the international petroleum market
- Use a portfolio of marketing tools to deliver a cogent message
- Be familiar with how the media works
- Gain a competitive edge in the fast-evolving petroleum, oil and gas marketplace
Delegates will be involved in a highly interactive learning environment, learning how to identify the tips and tricks that professional petroleum-sector marketers use to maximise brand leverage, visibility, awareness and – crucially – credibility in this highly competitive marketplace.
Training Course methodology will include handouts, flipcharts, questions and participation from participants, as well as the course tutor posing a series of scenarios and both real-world & theoretical examples.
- An understanding of how to devise a sector-specific marketing strategy
- An ability to implement their strategy to ensure success
- A greater insight into the marketing and economic workings of the petroleum sector
- How to explain and justify your marketing decisions and strategy?
- An appreciation of the functions of a marketing officer, manager and director within the industry
- A promotional template that can be used to guarantee a competitive edge
- An enhanced knowledge of marketing theory, with direct relevance to the petroleum sector
- An appreciation of macro and micro-economic issues affecting the petroleum sector
- Practical understanding of how to apply their marketing knowledge to their everyday work environment
- Which marketing tools provide the best returns in the petroleum sector?
- How to integrate digital marketing and social media with other forms of marketing within the petroleum sector?
- The value of good PR
- How to deal with a crisis?
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS International Petroleum Marketing training course is designed to benefit existing petroleum industry marketing department personnel, directors and other staff within the sector.
In particular, the following will find it invaluable:
- Those new to the petroleum industry
- Existing personnel in the sector, who are migrating to a marketing related function
- Marketing staff looking to gain a greater insight into the sector
- Staff wishing to understand how the economics of the sector affect their marketing function