Maritime Law, Insurance and Claims can lead to significant inroads into an organisation’s budget due to costly litigation processes and dispute settlement processes. A good scrutiny and overall analysis of draft contracts to remove ambiguities and risky clauses can make the vital difference to bottom line success or failure of an organisation. professionals involved in the legal and technical side of the shipping and logistics industry must be able to work effectively together and/with customers and contractors to accomplish key organisational objectives.
This training course provides an in-depth overview of all phases of contracting and will enable you promoting an understanding of the key principles. It is designed to equip you with the structure of maritime commercial law, damages, insurance and claims thereof is a key component of the modern professionals' skill set in a variety of contracting contexts. The training course will provide an overview of the regulatory and contractual frameworks which govern the maritime industry and is specifically designed for working professionals and will cover essential topics in maritime law and the legal and practical requirements of shipping contracts.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- The interactions of national legal systems in this field and the importance of English law
- The contractual frameworks with existing regulations and selective leading case law
- Insurance and damages
- Drafting claims
- Negotiating contracts profitably
- Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Techniques
This training course aims to provide an overview of the Maritime Law, Insurance and Claims, to understand how to negotiate profitably key contracts, understand the insurance and claims side in more depth, to asses and manage pricing and overall risks, and to understand the application of ADR relevant to Maritime contracts.
At the end of this training course, you will learn:
- Fundamentals of Commercial Contracts
- Types of Maritime Contracts
- International Law of the Sea as it applies to Maritime and Shipping Contracts
- Management and Negotiation Techniques and the Role of Counsel
- Key Legal Contractual Risk Management Issues
- Managing force majeure and liability clauses
- Analysis of Key Provisions in Maritime Insurance and Claims
- International Dispute Resolution in Maritime Contracts
This interactive training course will provide the participants an ideal opportunity to improve and sharpen their skill sets in planning and reviewing Maritime Law, Insurance and Claims contracts within international standards through interactive session with role playing, case studies, discussion groups and scenario building and the high-point of the training course being a simulation exercise of maritime contracts negotiation involving interactive role play by the participants. The objective of the interactive role play is to enable participants to apply the knowledge and understanding gained at the workshop to negotiate a more effective maritime contracts. This will help participants gain practical insights into managing the risks and enhancing their rewards.
For professionals involved nationally and internationally in the Maritime Law, Insurance and Claims, this course offers a unique opportunity to rapidly increase your understanding of the related contracts and to improve your negotiation techniques and skills in drafting a variety of related contracts. Therefore, your organisation will benefit from this training course by:
- Gaining expertise and improving knowledge and skill sets of personnel dealing with areas of legal risks in handling maritime contracts.
- Through various workshops and exercises ability to appreciate and understand the current international practices in maritime contracts
- How mitigate risks in maritime contracts
- Enhancing contract personnel negotiation skills
- Analysis of key liability provisions in Maritime Contracts
Attendees will gain by participation in this training course as a result of:
- A unique opportunity to rapidly increase your understanding of the international practices relevant to maritime contracts
- Improving your negotiation techniques and skills in drafting a variety of related maritime contracts
- Insurance and Claims in the maritime industry
- Managing and mitigating legal risks associated with maritime contracts
- Choosing most appropriate form of dispute resolution and how to draft a suitable ADR clause
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Offshore support vessel owners, charterers, and operators
- Commercial Managers in the maritime industry
- Maritime Legal practitioners
- Marine Insurance and Risk Managers looking to reduce the legal and contracts risks for their companies
- Ship brokers
- Geologists and Engineers looking to increase and improve their commercial contracts knowledge
- Government Departments, Policy Makers and Regulators