We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Oil & Gas projects are becoming increasingly challenging as our global hydrocarbon resources are being steadily depleted. This means drilling and extracting from deeper wells, in more remote locations, and in increasingly complex environments. As technology improves, we find that we are able to cope with many of these challenges through the latest technological advancements. However, this also results in an increase in the demands placed on our project management teams. Projects are expected to be delivered faster, cheaper, and more efficiently than ever before. This means that project management professionals in the oil & gas industry need to deal with not only more complex projects, but also with the increasingly high expectations of project stakeholders.
This Project Management for Oil & Gas Professionals training course provides participants with the key skills required to plan, execute, control, and successfully deliver projects in the most challenging of environments. To help our delegates achieve this, we apply best practice project management tools, backed up with real-life case studies and practical exercises. This training course will also help the delegates identify and develop solutions that will stand them in good stead in the future and help improve their overall project management skills.
This GLOMACS Project Management for Oil & Gas Professionals Training Course training course will feature:
- Understanding the importance of clear requirements for project delivery within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Understanding structural and systematic aspects of project planning and execution that can be used.
- How to apply best practice project management philosophies.
- Comprehending how project success is measured with emphasis on time, cost, and quality.
- Applying analytical techniques of project management using best-practice techniques.
- Understanding how project managers can effectively lead, influence, and manage their teams.
By the end of this Project Management for Oil & Gas Professionals Training Course , attendees will fully understand:
- The importance of integrating scope, time, resources and costs into a dynamic, manageable project management plan
- How to systematically define, design, and integrate end-user requirements in the project
- How to identify risk sources and learn how to mitigate potential risks and deal with uncertainty
- How to develop project network diagrams for CPM and PERT to identify schedule and cost risks
- How to keep projects under control, within schedule and budget
- How to produce clear, concise project progress reports based on actual measurements and forecasts
Participants will receive thorough training, with the instructor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Training methodology includes an insight into industry best practice project management delivery tools and processes. This training course uses applicable case studies, and includes group discussions and critical analysis of actual projects. Prior knowledge of the fundamentals of projects is assumed, but will be covered briefly to ensure general understanding. New concepts and tools are introduced to enable delegates to progress from fundamental to more advanced project concepts.
The organisation will benefit by:
- Acquiring new tools and techniques for managing oil & gas projects
- Improving project delivery efficiencies and safety records
- Increasing the project management skill sets of their employees
- Minimising negative corporate risk impacts through effective project risk management
- Creating assurance and building rapport with stakeholders
- Attracting new business and improving their reputation with existing clients
Participants will develop additional and valuable skills through:
- Learning how to plan and develop effective oil & gas project delivery strategies
- Understanding the importance of the macro-environment in which oil & gas projects exist
- Developing their project estimating and scheduling skills
- Refining their project monitoring and control techniques
- Understanding how to effectively identify, analyse, and control oil & gas project risks
- Perfecting their project leadership and team management skills
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This GLOMACS Project Management for Oil & Gas Professionals Training Course training Course is intended for project management professionals, leaders and project team members who are engaged in complex oil & gas field development projects. This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Programme and Project Managers
- Project Management Professionals
- Project Support Managers
- Project Planning & Control Managers
- Project Quality Assurance Managers
- Project Lead Engineers & Technicians
Concepts of Project Management in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Key definitions in project management
- Project life cycles and stage gates
- Development of the strategic project business case
- Working with project stakeholders
- Project success criteria and measurement
- Project complexity factors, context, and environment
Preparing for Project Delivery
- Defining project requirements and developing scope
- Utilizing relevant techniques for project estimating
- Developing work and cost breakdown structures
- Principals of project scheduling
- Developing schedule network diagrams using critical path method
- Project evaluation and review technique (PERT)
Managing Project Changes while Maintaining Quality
- The project triple constraint
- Project control methods
- Managing change in projects
- Project performance measurement and KPIs
- Earned value management
- Project progress measurement from initiation to handover
Managing Risks and Resources
- Risk management planning
- Risk identification
- Qualitative risk analysis
- Quantitative risk analysis
- Risk response planning & implementing
- Controlling project risks
Project Resource Management and Leadership
- Project resource & meeting management
- Understanding leadership & management
- Working in project teams
- The team development cycle
- Developing effective teams
- Keys to effective influence & persuasion
- Improving communication, delegation & motivating skills
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour