This GLOMACS Root Cause Analysis Facilitator training course will enable you to organize and run effective RCA sessions in all departments of your company. This intensive training course will allow you to provide concise explanation of every aspect of the RCA method & the different roles, and guide the process of gathering and verifying information in the RCA and pursue agreement.
Problem Solving is tending to be every day more complex due to more integrated systems and fragmented knowledge and experience in divisions and partners in the supply chain. Let alone the fact that we do more work with less people and we are more depended on sharing information.
The RCA Facilitator is trained in RCA to facilitate multidisciplinary teams of experts in their task to solve problems. The facilitator is not an expert – the facilitator is leading the process, knows how to apply the RCA methods and avoids sideways in which, for example, to discuss what the right approach is. The RCA facilitator asks questions in a structural way (questionnaires) and guards the input of information in a way that everyone is involved and agrees with the factual and causal right information. Though the facilitator is not an expert, he or she understands the type of information and where to put it in the structure, e.g. Event Map, Problem Analysis or Human Factor Analysis.
Critical to success is a facilitator who is aware of the group dynamics during the RCA sessions. The facilitator must be able to switch roles between attention to people, process and technical complex content.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- The RCA principles, methods, concepts, templates and process – Event Mapping, Problem Analysis and the Human Factor Analysis
- Classic issues and pitfalls in problem solving and decision making
- The use of visualized information like A3 reports
- The basics of Decision making, Implementation (IRA) and Observation, to complete the circle of continuous improvement
- Communication skills and insight in thinking and behavioral preferences
- Facilitator skills as systematic questioning, listening, recapitulating, dealing with frustrations, managing the process, flexible workflow, feedback and correcting people
- Effective application and implementation of these methods in daily practice
The RCA Facilitator training seminar focuses on a high level of understanding the RCA method. The method must be applied a way according to the context and the need of the organization, meaning easy on the flow when there is little urgency and scaling up in case complexity is increasing.
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will be able to:
- Know and understand the RCA and related methods in use in the company
- Organize a RCA session in relation with the stakeholders
- Start a RCA and to escalate the process if needed
- Use the templates, tools and software
- Do systematic questioning, gathering data and judge information
- Present the results of a RCA
Participants on this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline, with a combination of theory, practical examples, many exercises and application on issues from their own work environment. Besides training manual, participants will receive additional materials like process cards, work sheets, case descriptions, sample solutions, etc.
By attending this GLOMACS training course, your organization will get sustainable results:
- Complex problems will be solved more rapidly and more effectively, preventing recurrence and providing tangible contribution to business performance
- The problem owner and the diversity of experts will have a professional partner in solving problems
- A skilled facilitator will prepare, organize, lead and evaluate with only one focus: to solve the problem
- A skilled facilitator will understand the needs of all participants and reach for widespread support
- The organisation will recognise the independent position of a professional facilitator and will support the chosen method and process
- The organisation will experience less confusion when faced with complex problems
By attending this GLOMACS training course, the participants will:
- Understand the increasing importance of problem solving and decision making skills
- Understand the huge importance of solving problems in cooperation with the problem owner, all involved experts and his or her role as a facilitator
- Learn about their own pitfalls while solving problems, working in multidisciplinary teams and how important it is to stay away from content involvement
- Be skilled to prepare, organize, lead the process and evaluate RCA sessions
- Be skilled to manage a multidisciplinary teams and respect everyone in his or her strength
- Be skilled to reach for consensus, manage disagreement and use a proven shared language
- Significantly improve their personal effectiveness and boost their future career opportunities
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a special selection of professionals but will greatly benefit you, if:
- You work in in the field of Maintenance, Operations or SHE / quality as a facilitator or team leader
- You love to work with people in teams and get the best out of them
- You feel the need to improve yourself in motivating teams and analyzing detailed information