The management of physical public infrastructure (such as railways, roads, waterways, bridges and tunnels, distribution networks of gas, water and electricity, wastewater treatment plants, ports, airports, etc.) has become significantly critical in the last decade. Due to an increasing demand for infrastructure, deterioration of ageing assets, scarce resources, need for operational efficiency, budget and funding limitations, increasing restrictions on output and climate change, there is an urgent need to manage our physical assets better, pro-active and with a life cycle view.
Asset Management has been increasingly recognized as a fundamental approach to improved investment decision making across the public infrastructure sector. Regulators require to develop and present a strategy with regard to Asset Management aligned with the corporate strategy. The implementation of ‘good asset management practice’ will contribute to realizing the corporate strategy and it becomes more and more important to prove this by showing results.
The GLOMACS online training course illustrates the state-of-art implementation of Asset Management reflecting ISO 55001 and international ‘good asset management practice’ from leading companies. It provides an opportunity for public infrastructure management professionals to gain in-depth Asset Management knowledge while keeping up optimal performance over the asset’s life cycle.
This Infrastructure Asset Management online training course will highlight:
- The basic principles of Asset Management
- ISO55000 series, the international standard on Asset Management
- An overview of ‘good Asset Management practice’, specifically focused on infrastructure assets
- How to realize higher performance at lower cost within compliance
- Implementing Asset Management by using a step-by-step approach to build the Asset Management System (the five core questions approach)
At the end of this Infrastructure Asset Management online training course, you will learn to:
- Explain what Asset Management is, why it is important and what deliverables the organization gets from it
- Understand the content and value of ISO 55000, the international standard on Asset Management, and how to use it
- Understand ‘good Asset Management practice’, starting with foundations and building up to best practices that will deliver maximum business benefits
- Apply the key steps to implement and improve Asset Management within a public infrastructure environment
- How to move their organization towards a sustainable future
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
- Understand how Asset Management can contribute to realization of the corporate strategy
- Understand the background, application, and benefits of ISO 55000 series
- Understand the most important key performance areas and related activities and methodologies of Asset Management, more specifically for the public infrastructure sector
- Be able to implement the basic Asset Management methodologies and technologies
- Understand how to assess the current status of the Asset Management processes
By attending the participants will:
- Gain understanding and practical insight of ‘good Asset Management practice’
- Improve their level of personal knowledge
- Work more effectively by focusing on the processes and activities that really contribute to the corporate goals of the organization
- Add value for themselves
- Be able to plan and develop a future career
Who Should Attend?
This Infrastructure Asset Management online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals:
- All professionals involved in managing or participating in Asset Management and Public Infrastructure Management processes, incl. all staff in the Asset Management & Maintenance department, Utilities Management, Building Maintenance, IT, Operations and Finance
- Anyone who wishes to update themselves on Asset Management and how to implement it for the benefit of the organization