We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
The cornerstone of plant integrity is ensuring that assets are correctly designed, operated and maintained within the requirements. The profitability of plants is significantly influenced by the cost-effectiveness of the preventive maintenance strategy in place. Assets are subject to deterioration mechanisms and potential damage throughout their service life. To ensure that the required reliability, availability and safety is being delivered within acceptable cost, we need to understand the deterioration mechanisms the assets will be exposed to and their effects (risk), to be able to find the most effective maintenance task for this asset in the current circumstances. This entails identifying the deterioration mechanisms, determining their failure rates, risk criteria and the extent, frequency, and methodologies for maintaining the assets.
Traditionally, maintenance strategies are based on experience and in some cases developed in response to significant failures. In general, they do not take full account of failure risks nor of the degradation mechanisms that the asset is exposed to in operation. As a result, organizations will not do the right maintenance actions or in the right frequency to avoid failures, while others would unnecessarily overspend, resulting in significant waste of resources and sometimes maintenance induced failures a s unwanted result.
This intensive 3-day online training course introduces the Risk Based Maintenance (RBM) methodology that enables the assessment of the likelihood and potential risk of asset failures. RBM provides organizations the opportunity to prioritize their assets for maintenance, optimize maintenance methods, frequencies and resources, develop specific long term maintenance plans and integrate it with current methodologies like Failure Mode Effect & Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Risk Based Inspection (RBI) and Potential Failure Analysis (PFA) as well as the maintenance workflow. This results in improved safety, lower failure risks, fewer forced shutdowns and reduced operational costs. Thus, maintenance really adds value to the organization.
You will learn how to apply this systematic and integrated use of expertise from the different disciplines that impact plant integrity. We will discuss several examples of industry wide RBM projects, their successes and failures and how to learn from it.
This GLOMACS online training course will feature:
- Understanding & applying the Risk Based Maintenance (RBM) methodology to be able to develop an effective maintenance strategy in your own environment
- The concept of risk and risk-thinking in maintenance
- The probability of failure, failure behavior of systems and its impact on risk
- Choosing the right maintenance task and (predictive) maintenance technology
- How to integrate RBM with other methodologies like FMECA, RBI en PFA, as well as the maintenance workflow
- Cost/benefit thinking and using decision support tools to make maintenance more effective
- How to use Key Performance Indicators to measure the performance
At the end of this online training course, delegates will have:
- An understanding of the concept and practical application of a Risk Based Maintenance program
- Knowledge of the potential contribution of RBM to maintenance effectiveness and performance
- Guidelines indicating how RBM interacts with workflow management and other methodologies
- Hints and tips for practical application of RBM so as to achieve the best results
- A practical approach to develop an action plan to utilize RBM in their own areas of responsibility, fitting RBM into the Asset Management and measuring results
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS online training course is directed towards Maintenance & Reliability Engineers, Maintenance and Engineering Professionals and Maintenance and Production Heads, who wish to update themselves on Risk Based Maintenance, maintenance reference plans, judge its suitability for their needs, and learn how to implement it for the benefit of their organizations.