This GLOMACS Safety Audit and Site Inspection online training course will provide you with all the necessary skills and talents required to successfully audit and inspect an organisation's health and safety performances. All Safety Management Systems (SMS) require a systematic and thorough assessment of how well and efficient and effective the various parts are working. It will develop the ability to examine an SMS critically and enable to identify strengths, weaknesses, and suggest measures for improvement.
"What you do not measure you cannot improve." The actual performance must match their stated intentions; otherwise, the documents and processes within the safety management system are meaningless. Safety audits and site inspections provide the final pieces of the health and safety management jigsaw, which, when effectively used, enable an organisation to control health and safety risks and promote an effective and robust management system.
Successful organisations are always striving for improvement, and well-structured audits and inspections provide the practical means through which this can be achieved.
This online training course will highlight:
- The components of effective company and contractor safety audits
- The legal aspects of audits
- The importance of pre-audit questionnaires & validation and control of contractors
- How to carry out meaningful and effective audits and inspections?
- The real business benefits
By the end of this online training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the legal background
- Appreciate the key elements of a safety management system
- Develop the skills necessary to undertake audits and site inspections successfully
- Understand the importance of and how to assess the safety culture of an organisation
- Evaluate the emergency plans of an organization
This online training seminar will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training seminar is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
By conducting effective Safety Audits and Site Inspections, an organisation will ensure deficiencies in its management system are identified, and corrective action is taken to protect and enhance their reputation and profile.
The organizational impact will be the following:
- Able to undertake audits and prepare audit reports
- Equipped to carry out effective site inspections
- The professional development of staff
- A reduction in incidents
- Improved communications and improve safety behaviour
- Visible continuous improvement
The participants will acquire how to carry out effective and meaningful health and safety audits and site inspections using a variety of proven management techniques and interpersonal skills.
The personal impact will be:
- Gaining skills and improving confidence in conducting audits and site inspections
- Understanding the legal background and increased knowledge in evaluating health and safety performance
- Appreciating the requirements of HSG 65, ILO OHS 2001, ISO 45001
- Appreciating the importance of human factors and safety culture
- Understanding and evaluating the core elements of a successful health and safety management system
- Understanding the benefits of a successful health and safety management system
Who Should Attend?
This online training course has been specifically designed to provide practical health and safety guidance. It would benefit a wide range of professionals involved or concerned with monitoring health and safety performance. The guidance will enable those attending to apply this learning to carry out safety audits and site inspections successfully.
This GLOMACS online training course is a suitably wide range of professionals but will significantly benefit:
- HSE Personnel
- Maintenance Personnel
- Employee Representatives
- Human Resources Professionals
- All personnel involved in selecting or vetting contractors
- All line Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Any other staff who are involved in monitoring the HSE management system