This interactive GLOMACS Advanced Financial Statements Analysis training course will update and develop your skills of analysing financial information, business activities, and the key risks faced in today’s uncertain economic, political, and physical global business environment. It will guide you through the key steps of analysing financial statements, evaluating new investments, and measuring the performance of your organisation. Throughout this course, the participants will be able to relate their learning to real-world issues and problems and develop their ability to generate growth and improve profitability, as well as pinpointing problem areas for remedial action and will have the opportunity to acquire financial skills and technical knowledge that will enable them to manage more effectively.
Financial statements – income statements, balance sheets, and statements of cash flows – are published annually by all organisations. But what do they mean? Are they telling us the truth? How do they enable us to manage our organisations more effectively and more profitably?
You may think your financial knowledge and know-how are adequate and up-to-date – but it probably is not!
It’s time to wake up and smell the coffee – financial awareness really is crucial for all non-financial managers as well as accountants and financial managers.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- The value of the annual report and accounts and other sources of key financial information
- Use of a range of tools and techniques to analyse and evaluate financial position and financial performance
- Effective acquisition and use of financial resources
- Analysis and valuation of capital investment projects and businesses
- Analysis and management of a business and financial risk
By the end of this GLOMACS training programme, participants will have learned how to:
- Analyse and interpret an organisation’s annual report and accounts
- Use ratio analysis to evaluate financial position and financial performance
- Use analytical techniques to forecast future performance
- Critically evaluate the impact on financial position
- Performance of the subjective nature of accounting policies
- Identify the impact of profit, cash flow and risk on capital investment projects and business valuations
This GLOMACS Advanced Financial Statements Analysis training course will be run along with workshop principles, with formal presentations that include practical illustrations and relevant worked examples used to apply the financial tools and techniques in a real-world environment. Interactive team-based exercises and case studies reinforce the application of each of the learning ideas and topics enclosed. These are reinforced with the help and advice of the Instructor and his extensive real experience and knowledge of financial statements and analysis. Group discussion will promote the exchange of experiences and ideas. Difficult mathematical concepts are minimised wherever possible and handled in a visual way that is easy to understand – our aim is for this to be an enjoyable learning experience.
Participants in this GLOMACS training seminar will provide benefits for their organisation through the enhanced knowledge and set of skills that they will take back to the workplace:
- Awareness of the relevance and importance of financial statements
- Use of the tools and techniques to monitor and improve business performance
- Identification of problem areas, and suggested realistic solutions
- Financial analysis for better informed decision-making
- Appreciation of the impact of financing on the cost of capital, investment projects and business valuations
- Identification, analysis and management of business and financial risk
By attending this GLOMACS training seminar, you will greatly improve your Financial Analysis skills and develop:
- Improved understanding of the language of finance and accounting
- Increased awareness of the tools and techniques of financial analysis
- An appreciation of the importance of cash flow versus profit
- Greater confidence to tackle new situations
- The ability to identify, analyse and manage risk and other problem areas
- An exchange of ideas and knowledge with other professionals
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Advanced Financial Statements Analysis training seminar is suitable for a wide range of personnel from companies, corporations and governmental organisations. In addition to anyone working in the Finance, Accounting, Costing, Budgeting and Planning departments, this GLOMACS training seminar will greatly benefit:
- Project Managers and other Professionals
- CFOs, Controllers and Treasurers responsible for the Financial Management of the Organisation
- And any other Managers who wish to improve, refresh and update their understanding of analysis of financial information, and application to effective decision-making