|02 - 06 Sep 2024||London - UK||$5,950|
|16 - 20 Dec 2024||London - UK||$5,950|
The energy industry is transforming its business models to deal with the uncertain energy landscape. To create value in this environment, we need to have superior management techniques. As Peter Drucker once said: “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision”.
This Glomacs training course introduces the audience to art and science of asset management in the oil and gas industry. It highlights the role of human judgement and analytical models to make better business decisions. Our focus would be on key insights that support major decisions in energy investment projects.
This training course will highlight:
- The evolving global energy landscape and the key emerging challenges.
- The effect of cognitive biases and heuristics
- The techniques of decision analysis and decision quality.
- Market insights and financial knowledge to support managerial decisions.
- Risk and uncertainty in energy projects
- Management decisions as managing risk and capitalizing on upside opportunities.
- Emerging trends: environmental concerns
- Effective use of business analytics in management decisions.
Companies run businesses and to succeed in business they need to create value through management decisions. The energy industry has unique characteristics. It is highly capital intensive, has uncertain project outcomes, and is technically complex. This has led to specialized techniques that support good business decisions.
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Understand the evolving energy business and its managerial challenges.
- Appreciate the uncertain nature of investing and the dynamics of the value drivers.
- Gain insights from models of uncertainty to support projects decisions.
- Apply the understanding in technical and managerial decision making.
- Use business analytic tools to support prudent decision making.
The sessions include lectures, discussions, and guided real-world practice. The aim is to develop problem-solvers and effective decision makers rather than merely conveying information.
The key challenge in the energy industry is in good managerial decision making. This course trains individuals that
- Increase organization’s capabilities in analyzing and managing energy ventures.
- Possess knowledge and skills to develop high quality decision processes.
- Are effective in enhancing the petroleum value chain.
- Have an overview of the energy business and the appeal of the projects.
- Support the prudent decision-making process.
- Open doors to further opportunities in the energy landscape.
With enhanced skills in effective managerial decision making, the individual would be an effective problem solver. These skills further lead to enhancing the value of the person in an organization. The set of skills and knowledge that this course offers prepares individuals for a more effective role within the process of management decision making and investment in the energy business. This training course
- Increases personal capabilities in analyzing and evaluating energy ventures.
- Enhances the knowledge and skills in assessing the value creation potentials of opportunities.
- Make the individual effective in enhancing the petroleum value chain and the work process.
- Trains individuals that can address challenges and opportunities.
- Leads to identification of potential value creating opportunities and increases the value of the individual to the firm.
- Trains individuals to be effective managerial decision makers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
In this course, we discuss the art and science of managerial decision making. Our discussions, while general in context, apply directly to the challenges of the oil and gas industry. Such an understanding is vital for management decision making.
The material in this course will be useful to managers and decision makers in the energy business. The course is also relevant to analysts, engineers, and consultants that support the process of decision making.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals including:
- Managers and decision makers involved in value creation for the energy business.
- Commercial staff who would like to gain the skills to support major decisions.
- Decision makers involved in oil and gas financing and investment.
- Analysts involved in the analysis that creates insights for project decisions.
- Researchers and practitioners who aim to broaden their knowledge of the business.
Principles of management decision analysis
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour