This GLOMACS Crisis Leadership and Human Behaviour training course encourages leaders to take an emergency response plan and adapt it as new evidence and factors present themselves. When leading through a crisis leaders are forced to think and behave in ways that feel unfamiliar. Leaders should be able to remain calm and maintain a sense of perspective and their goal is to reduce loss and keep things operating as normal as possible.
Leaders must develop a robust application of the skills and practices incorporated in the five key disciplines: (1) Strategic Leadership and Innovation; (2) Team Building & Management; (3) Communication Skills; (4) Time Management, Prioritization & Results Orientation: (5) Problem Solving & Decision Making. For each discipline, you will learn everything from key theories to best practice from some of the world's most influential companies to develop empowering perceptions that will help you achieve success.
This training course will highlight:
- How the ‘human factor’ impacts on a crisis
- Being mentally resilient to the pressures arising from crises
- Maintaining communication with stakeholders
- Develop, apply and lead crisis management strategy
- Learn from the lessons and reform
Together with developing a greater understanding of human behaviour, this online training course pulls together information from a wide range of sources and builds a picture of what works and what does not in a time of crisis.
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Prepare contingency plans for future crises
- Understand and minimize human factor in crisis management
- Improve problem solving, decision making and risk management
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders
- Build trust and resilience within your organisation
- Create contingency plans and prepare for future crises
The training course is delivered in a highly interactive, hands-on learning style by a senior consultant with corporate experience. In addition to trainer-led group discussions, case studies, and role play exercises, this programme includes experiential learning and other instructional modalities to accommodate a variety of executive learning styles and to improve learning and retention.
Enhanced strategic thinking and business planning enables an organization to increase stakeholder satisfaction through:
- Agile leadership style that adapts to meet the crisis challenges
- Empowering leadership that fosters effective teamwork that aliens to corporate objectives
- Leadership that encompasses strategic challenges and corporate change policies
- Greater productivity through engaged human behaviour
- Deadlines that are achieved on time, on budget and fully meet customer requirements
- Real problems solved and more effective decisions made
Delegates will develop their ability to use strategic thinking to become more proactive and build business plans to implement strategic initiatives through:
- Greater self-knowledge, capabilities, and confidence in dealing with a crisis
- Progress initiatives by leveraging team relationships and performance
- Manage the strategic challenges and objectives of the company
- Employ a range of communication & interpersonal skills to address human behaviour
- Generate collaborate strategies for team and organisational improvement
- Select and apply innovative techniques for problem solving and continuous improvement
Who Should Attend?
This training course focuses on leading self, teams, and business units within a crisis environment. Professionals that hold leadership positions and who have been identified by their organisation as an emerging part of the company's succession plan are encouraged to attend.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- New managers facing the increasing demands and responsibility
- New graduate staff exposed to managerial position
- Professionals with no previous experience related to leadership and management skills
- Team leaders looking to improve their team’s performance & productivity
- Managers and leaders who wish to refresh their skills