Decommissioning Offshore Oil and Gas Installations is an inevitable part of the ‘Life of Field’ activities. It carries a multibillion-dollar cost with no return!
We are now faced with the added burden of COVID-19, low oil price and globalization pressures for companies to be more productive and cost effective.
This GLOMACS training course is aimed at individuals and organisations that are involved in the ultra-late life and decommissioning process. It will enable them to gain a greater strategic view of decommissioning and how key decisions are made and how they interact and influence success, while creating opportunities to improve their individual and organisations delivery.
A key learning point for delegates will be the opportunity to take part in ‘real life’ exercises related to decommissioning of a typical offshore asset.
This training course on Decommissioning Offshore Oil and Gas Installation will highlight:
- Strategic decisions to be made and your organisations ability to influence
- Improvements to streamline decommissioning processes
- Capture opportunities to add value
- A deeper knowledge of decommissioning and associated strategies by Interactive exercises and training related to typical field
- Realizing Supply chain, regulatory and innovative technology solutions
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will:
- Develop a familiarisation of global oil and gas decommissioning activities and challenges
- Develop solutions to your relevant industry key challenges
- Understand various late life and decommissioning strategies and key decisions to be made
- Develop a deeper knowledge of your role and your organisations role in the late life and decommissioning decision process and where best to add value
- Develop a plan on how to apply your knowledge to key decisions and further development needs
Training will be delivered in a combination of lectures, practical exercises, case studies and team working as appropriate. Emphasis is placed on the interaction between delegates and their discussion of, and contribution to strategic and practical issues.
The focus will be on covering all the key aspects of decommissioning, taking note of lessons learned from actual projects and case studies.
The delegates will be taken on a journey starting in the late life of field, circa 8 years from cessation of production (COP). Over the 5 days of this Decommissioning Offshore Oil and Gas Installation training course, the delegates will progress through early planning, preparation, and finally execution and close out of a typical offshore field. During this time the delegates, through a series of exercises, will participate in the development of a decommissioning strategy, schedule and estimate for a typical field.
- Organisation will gain a deeper knowledge of its role, potential and opportunities within the late life and decommissioning process, from a strategic and delivery perspective.
- Operators, regulators, and stakeholders will develop their personnel to support more effective decision making to streamline the decommissioning process.
- Supply chain organisations and Sponsors of the supply chain will also gain added insights into opportunities to solve decommissioning industry challenges and how best to position their services/products.
Participants will gain a greater insight into all parts of the late life and decommissioning process, gain strategic knowledge, improve understanding of their own role, and appreciate the strategy of all key parties.
Key personal impacts are:
- A detailed awareness of decommissioning
- Learning new skills
- New learning opportunities
- Add further value to his/her organization
- Career development
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is structured at project management level for key personnel requiring a detail understanding of all aspects of decommissioning.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Oil and Gas Operator key management
- Project personnel including Lead and project engineers
- Asset management professionals
- Operations Personnel,
- Subsea Professionals
- Commercial Managers
- Marine Engineers
- Structural Engineers
- HSE Professionals
- Maintenance Engineers
- Supply chain management personnel
- Regulator key personnel involved with decommissioning
- Certifying authority’s key management and engineering personnel
- Key stakeholders