|05 - 09 Aug 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|02 - 06 Dec 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|02 - 06 Dec 2024||Online||$3,950|
This GLOMACS Drilling Fluids Technology training course gives a clear picture for well control to everybody involved in drilling and workover operations. The drilling fluids help the operator to have a smooth drilling operation safely and this is the way to control all formation pressures and also to lift all cuttings from the well as per section and at the same time keeps the well static and full of geological formation intact till the casing is ran and set in place and secure the particular section of the well. Many of particularities conducting to a very expensive mud or brine is due to necessity to keep the well under control all the time throughout the drilling process but also to minimize the skin / formation damage to avoid production problems during the lifecycle of the well.
Primarily in this Drilling Fluids Technology training course, we are concerned with problems associated with selection of the appropriate drilling fluid to accomplish the demands of the well in a cost-effective way.
This training course will contain in-depth information on the cost impact of the mud and brines for drilling and workovers and the preparation for well testing or completion design in maximizing field production and increasing recoverable reserves by keeping well productivity under optimum conditions based on minimum formation damage.
The Drilling Fluids Technology training course will feature:
- All types of drilling Fluids which actually are the blood of all drilling and workover operations.
- Identify and closely predict the cost of mud per well according to the drilling design which can account over 20% of the total drilling cost per well.
- Respect the stiff environment regulations
- Increase the use of advanced wells, highly deviated or horizontal ones by using the proper water base mud and or oil base mud.
By the end of this Drilling Fluids Technology training course, delegates will learn:
- To control efficiently the subsurface pressure.
- To keep the holes clean by applying good oilfield operation practice and transporting drastically the drilling cuttings on surface.
- To stabilize and support the borehole.
- To help the designed BHA for drilling to have the best results in minimum time.
- To face drilling problems related to difficult formations where partial or total mud losses occur during circulation.
- To prepare the well for open hole logging.
- To understand the formation damage and to keep it minimum.
- To facilitate the operation to unstuck D/P or during the fishing operations
- To know what are the actions to kill the well in a critical situation.
- To evaluate the efficiency of the drilling fluid according to the formation under drilling and make adjustments and corrections in properties of the fluid.
- To be familiar with FIT and LOT tests during the drilling operations
- Operate new innovative down hole tools like MWD and LWD, DHM and turbines.
This “Drilling Fluids Technology” training course will be presented using properly designed materials, some and animation on relevant issues. A manual containing all the slides and/or electronic form in PDF will be delivered to each attendant. Teaching methods include several examples of well drilling programs using different drilling fluids. Pre & Post Course Assessments are integrated in this course.
The organization will gain, in sending their employees to attend this Drilling Fluids Technology training course, the following:
- Reduction in the cost of the well by proper selection of drilling fluids and / or brines.
- Reducing the cost of the rig and drilling time.
- Ensuring the well integrity and avoiding all risks during drilling and workovers of wells by selection the right fluids.
- Obtain good knowledge of drilling fluids applications in conventional and non conventional drilling (under balance)
- Improve safety
- Reduce stuck pipe problems
- Familiar with clean fluids for completion
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This GLOMACS Drilling Fluids Technology training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals and will greatly benefit:
- Drilling Engineers
- Drilling Foremen
- Mud Engineers
- Mud technicians
- Drilling Supervisors
- Tool pushers
- W.O engineers
- Production Technologists
- Production supervisors and foremen
- Completion supervisors and engineers
- Service Co engineers
Drilling Fluids Overview, Practices and Strategies
- Basic Design of Drilling a well
- Mud functions
- Mud classification
- Mud properties and basic guide for mixing
- Mud and Brines applications
Completion and Clean Fluids
- Corrosion control
- Monitoring properties of the drilling fluids
- Barriers and well control
- Displacement procedure
- Drill in fluids
- Well kill principles and procedures
Mud Monitoring and Tests in Situ
- Overview of field tests and adjustments
- Types of mud and applications
- Tests for oil base mud (OBM)
- Tests for water base mud (WBM)
- Synthetic mud (SBM)
- Polymers and use in drilling fluids
- Completion / Workover fluids (CWO) and packer fluids
Drilling Problems and Mud Special Applications
- Foam and air fluids
- Under balance drilling
- Lost circulation materials
- Oil base mud and restrictions
- Formation damage due to drilling
- Rheology and hydraulics
- Calculations and tables
- Solids control
- Lifting the drilling cuttings and evaluation
- Specialized tests
- Pipe stuck and fishing operation
- Synthetic base mud
- HP water base mud
- Well control
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour