This GLOMACS training seminar on Enhancing Efficiency and Reliability in Refinery Process Heaters training seminar will present an overview of refinery fired process heaters and will discuss most relevant routine inspection and operational evaluation aspects as well as a hands-on methodology for heater continuous assessment and improved efficiency and reliability.
Neglected for years, high-energy consuming process heaters have been gradually obtaining increased attention in the Middle East due to higher natural gas prices and the shortage of domestic supply. These facts have prompted an urgent need to accommodate effective measures to increase process heater efficiency into day-to-day refinery operations and in conjunction with it, to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Refinery engineers and managers are progressively being exposed to combustion and heat transfer issues and their implications to the concepts of energy conservation and equipment reliability.
This GLOMACS Enhancing Efficiency and Reliability in Refinery Process Heaters training seminar is focused on providing the essential combustion and heat transfer technical background needed to examine and apprehend a variety of practical ideas by which plant personnel involved in process heater performance could improve equipment efficiency and capacity in an economical and environmentally friendly fashion. Example calculations will be interleaved into seminar sessions to gradually unveil a practical methodology for heater evaluation. Working examples illustrating practical means to attain efficiency improvements will also be discussed.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- Typical process heater fuels and major polluting emissions
- Process heater types, major components, burners and service applications
- Routine inspection and operational evaluation methodology
- Heater integrity and troubleshooting
- Practical means to increase heater duty, process flow and efficiency
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, you will learn to:
- Identify heater main components and functions
- Calculate heater carbon footprint and other pollutants
- Develop a heater monitoring and evaluation methodology
- Optimize daily heater operation and thermal efficiency
- Advise on efficiency improvement projects
This GLOMACS training seminar on Enhancing Efficiency and Reliability in Refinery Process Heaters training seminar is intended to be a dynamic and interactive learning experience for delegates whose questions and comments will be welcome by the instructor. It uses theory, hands-on working exercises and guided discussions to provide thorough coverage of concepts and methodologies and to gain access to essential skills leading to enhanced process heater operation.
The organization will benefit from this GLOMACS training seminar by:
- Systematic and more proficient management of process heaters
- Improved equipment reliability and mechanical integrity
- Fuel savings and extended heater runs
- Increased plant and staff safety
- Motivated personnel by their individual impact on plant and process gains
- Staff advancement and preparedness into environmental compliance
By attending this GLOMACS training course you will:
- Improve your theoretical and practical understanding of process heaters
- Be exposed to a systematic approach to heater assessment and evaluation
- Understand troubleshooting issues which impact on heater integrity
- Gain empowerment to apply operational cost reduction measures
- Increase your awareness on the impact of heater operation on global warming
- Increase self-confidence, personal motivation and company rapport
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training seminar will greatly benefit those professionals who need a thorough understanding of hands-on aspects of process heater operation such as Operations, Reliability and Process engineers.
It will be as well of great value and interest to:
- Process Plant Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Process Heater Maintenance and Technical Service Engineers
- Refinery Inspection, Materials, Environmental and Safety Engineers
- Experienced Operators Applicant to handle heater console operation
- Members of Refinery Energy Optimizations Groups
- Professionals dealing with Risk Assessment and Integrity Analysis