|17 - 21 Jun 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|07 - 11 Oct 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
This GLOMACS training course on Government Communications & Public Relations will provide participants with a thorough understanding of the government relations function, and the importance of having a clear communications strategy for it. Participants will gain an understanding of the business value that a strategic approach to government relations can deliver at all stages of the business cycle.
This course will provide insight into the role government relations plays in winning new business, building and reinforcing a strong reputation, supporting operations, managing change and resolving disputes.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- Political risk analysis and mitigation
- License to operate
- Stakeholder mapping
- New country entry
- Advocacy and lobbying
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will learn:
- How to create value for your business by using a strategic approach to government relations
- In-depth insight into how to analyse, anticipate and overcome political risks facing your business
- The ability to develop and implement a fit for purpose government relations strategy to support your business needs
- Knowledge of a wide range of tools and tactics to that will improve your ability to manage relations with government in a wide variety of situations
- Insight into your internal value chain and how synergies can be created between the government relations function and other functions such as Project Management, Operations, Finance, Legal and Public Relations
This GLOMACS training seminar on Government Communications and Public Relations will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The daily workshops will be highly interactive and participative.
This course will be based on interactive exercises and case studies drawn from a wide range of countries and situations. One day of the course will be dedicated to a practical business game based on a realistic scenario.
Organizations stand to gain many benefits by sending delegates on this course. These include:
- Enhance awareness of best practice in government relations
- Improve the ability to analyse and mitigate political risk
- Improve the organization’s capability for designing and implementing effective government relations strategies
- Improve the organisation’s capability to map and understand its stakeholders
- Improve ability to advocate for win-win solutions
- An understanding of how Government Communications and Public Relations adds true value for an organisation and how it links with the organization’s internal value chain.
There are a number of ways in which you will benefit from this course, amongst these are;
- You will gain an enhanced capability to use a wide range of government relations tools and strategies
- You will get an increased knowledge of global trends in government relations
- You will learn different approaches to analysing and mitigating political risk
- You will develop your skills in being able to implement government relations strategies
- You will learn how to collaborate with colleagues across your internal Value Chain
- You will learn trusted techniques in Public Relations skills, which are highly transferable.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals who are interested in learning about government relations, including (but not limited to):
- Government Relations Managers
- Political Risk Analysts
- Corporate Affairs Managers
- External Relations Managers
- Corporate Social Responsibility Managers
- Public Relations Professionals
- Country Managers
- Asset Managers
- Project Managers
- Operations Managers
- New Venture Managers
- Business Development Managers
- Finance and Tax Professionals
- Risk Managers
Introduction to Effective Government Relations
- What is Effective PR in the 24/7/365 ‘Social’ Age?
- What is effective Government Relations?
- The Business Case for Government Relations
- Discussion: How important is government to your business?
- Ethics and Principles
- How to conduct Government Relations with integrity?
- Legal Aspects
- Reputation Risk
- Reputation Management
Political Risk Analysis and Mitigation
- Introduction to Political Risk
- Stakeholders: Agendas and Drivers
- Personality Types
- Learning & Communication Styles
- Analysing Political Risk
- Global Issues and Trends
- Strategies for Mitigating Political Risk
Effective Applications of Government Relations
- New Country Entry
- Expanding Existing Operations
- Mergers and Acquisition
Build and Strengthen Reputation
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Creating & Maintaining Sustainable Relations with Governments and Communities
- The Change Equation
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Understanding Government Stakeholder Agendas and Drivers
- Building a Case for Change
- Business Diplomacy
- Resolving Disputes with Government, Local Communities and other Stakeholders
- Conducting Due Diligence
- Creating Win-Win Solutions
The Government Relations Toolbox
- trategies and Plans
- Elements of a Government Relations Strategy
- Monitoring Results and Assessing Performance
Tools and Tactics
- High Level Engagement
- Engaging in the Policy Debate
- Joining Forces with Others
- When Things Go Wrong
Synergy with other Functions
- Tax - Role of Media including Social Media
- Role of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Public Relations
- Where does Government Relations fit in the company’s org chart?
- What does a fit-for-purpose Government Relations department look like?
- Skills and Experience of Government Relations Managers
The Government Relations Case Study
This day will allow attendees to bring their Government Relations expertise to bear on a realistic scenario. Attendees will have the opportunity to put into practice a range of Government Relations strategies and tools. They will be able to experience the impact of these in a fictional but realistic scenario.
- Case Study Introduction
- Risk Analysis
- Stakeholder Mapping
- Influence Matrices
- Government Relations Strategy
- Building the License to Operate
- Implementing the Strategy
- Managing Expectations
- Alignment with the Government
- First Signs of Trouble
- Political Instability
- Strikes and Protests
- New Opportunities
- New Partnerships
- What does excellence in Government Relations look like?
- Lessons Learned and Conclusion
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Our collaboration with KC Academy aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour