This GLOMACS Advanced Social Media Training Course is designed to bring you up to speed on the latest techniques that are guaranteed to improve social media activities. This will focus on understanding what will get audiences to engage with and share their social media content.
We spend lots of time practising content creation and social interaction skills in a fun and accessible way, so delegates leave confident in their own abilities and able to apply new skills the moment they return to their desks.
This GLOMACS Advanced Social Media training course highlights:
- Using social media effectively for marketing, public relations, HR, sales and customer service
- Social media planning that meets audience needs and delivers business objectives
- Building audience relationships via social media that strengthen brand and reputation
- Creating engaging content audiences pay attention to and share with others
- Staying up-to-date with emerging topics, trends and technologies on social media
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and behaviours:
- Advising leaders on social media strategy and plans
- Using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, et al for business
- Finding and connecting with target audiences
- Confidence in responding to audiences online to shape opinions
- Creating and optimising words and images that go viral
- Writing that grabs attention and creates conversations
- Researching online trends to stay relevant
This GLOMACS Advanced Social Media training course combines presentations that share both theory and industry best practices with practical sessions in accordance with adult learning and blended learner-centred principles.
Participants will have opportunities to put into practice the skills they develop and enhance during the course. We make the most of small and whole group exercises, videos, case studies, peer exchange, brainstorming, role plays and discussions.
Attendees will spend time working one-on-one and in small groups to resolve the challenges participants face. They will leave with new ideas and skills they can implement immediately they step back into their teams.
Participants are encouraged to reflect on and discuss their own professional issues and experiences. Overall 50% of training will be experiential and 50% will be theoretical.
Participants will return to their organisations able to both advise on social media strategy and manage campaigns that integrate effectively with other business communication activities, including:
- Advising leaders on social media options
- Platforms and strategies that are appropriate to the organisation and audiences
- Developing social media plans and campaigns that support business vision, mission and values
- Responding to audience participation and feedback on social media to strengthen loyalty
- Evaluating activities to demonstrate the value to the organisation in terms of finances, operations, reputation and customer satisfaction
Participants will hear and discuss latest social media techniques and best practices, plus have opportunities to analyse their own social media strategies and activities, including:
- Developing social media activities and campaigns that engage audiences
- Listening to conversations, tapping into key trends and topical subjects
- Defining and targeting key audiences, influencers, opinion formers and interest communities
- Finding the best angles and language to hook people and build engagement
- Uploading and publicising really engaging stories, creating conversations, driving word of mouth
- Responding to comments and feedback in a way that positively builds relationships
Who Should Attend?
Professionals who use social media for business and wish to improve their performance as well as understanding of the latest techniques.
This GLOMACS Advanced Social Media Training course is ideal for journalists and practitioners working in marketing, public relations, customer service, customer relations, HR, employee communications, media relations, community relations and public affairs.