This GLOMACS Masterclass in Corporate Affairs and Governance training course elaborates on the various roles and responsibilities of the Corporate Affairs function and its key involvement into all the processes of Governance within the Corporate. This training course will discuss the International Governance Standard codes and how Corporate Governance is measured and benchmarked. Attendees will be gain comprehensive knowledge about Corporate Governance and its Guiding principles.
This GLOMACS training course provides participants with a detailed understanding of the GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) Perspective, covering the Governance Framework at both the Board level (the Board Governance Framework) as well as the Executive management levels (the Assurance and Control Governance Framework). This training course also addresses Effective Organizational Compliance Management and discusses in details all aspects of the Risk Management vital process and its evolution into the implementation of an Integrated Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- Corporate Affairs Roles and Responsibilities
- Corporate Governance
- Principles of Good Corporate Governance
- Corporate Affairs Involvement in Corporate Governance
- The Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Perspective
- Compliance and Compliance management
- Risk and Risk Management
- The GRC Assurance Model
- The GRC Disclosure and Reporting Model
- Corporate Affairs Involvement in GRC
- King IV Report on Corporate Governance
At the end of this GLOMACS training course, you will be able to:
- Learn all possible roles played by Corporate Affairs function
- Understand their key involvement in the various Governance processes
- Explore a comprehensive Generic Governance model based on key principles and adaptable to any organization
- Discuss in detail the three components of the GRC perspective
- Learn about Compliance and how to implement an effective Compliance program
- Learn about Risk Management, its framework and standard process
- Discuss models of Governance Assurance and Control within the organization
- Discuss the Integrated Model of Governance Disclosure and Reporting within the Organization
- Learn about the King IV standard code of Corporate Governance
A highly interactive masterclass, where all delegates will be encouraged to engage and participate, share, and gain from each other’s knowledge and experience.
This GLOMACS training course will use a range of approaches to learning, including experiential group activities, individual exercises, case studies and syndicate discussions.
This GLOMACS training course is of direct relevance to Public Sector, Government and Non-Governmental entities and authorities which can achieve improvements in their operations through:
- Setting up a Corporate Affairs function
- Clear definition of the roles, duties, and responsibilities of the Corporate Affairs function
- Defining its Effective involvement in the Corporate Governance process
- Developing an Effective implementable Corporate Governance framework based on best practices and international standards
- Ensuring an Effective Compliance management program is being implemented
- Ensuring Risk management is implemented Enterprise wide in an Integrated model
- Adopting a comprehensive Disclosure and Reporting package
This GLOMACS training course will benefit participants by gaining knowledge that will enable them to have a better understanding on:
- Their Roles and Responsibilities within their respective functions
- The Corporate Governance structure in place
- The Compliance program implemented and their related duties and obligations
- The Risk Management framework and their involvement into it
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is targeting a wide range of Managers on all Business Units who are responsible about the successful implementation of the Risk / Compliance Management processes throughout the organization.
It is also targeting the Corporate Affairs, Assurance and Control functions as well as Senior Management levels up to the CEO and Governing Body levels involved in setting the Governance structure of the Organization.
- Corporate Governance Officers / Professionals
- CEOs, Executive Directors
- Board Members, Committee Members
- Board Secretaries
- Chairs, Committee Chairs
- Senior management and Middle management
- Risk / Compliance Management Function
- Internal Audit Function, Internal Control Function