Outstanding leadership and team performance are essential in today's dynamic, volatile, and competitive global market. However, it’s getting harder to achieve these because of: the increasing rate of change in the business and political world; the very different needs of the multiple age groups present in today’s workforce; and the rising number of highly specialized knowledge-based workers. All of these make it a challenge to manage, engage, motivate, and obtain the discretionary effort from today’s employees. As a result, the largely un-trained ‘natural’ or ‘default’ leadership style used by most leaders today needs to be replaced by something much more effective.
What is required is ‘Next Generation’ Leadership, i.e. leadership for the largest generation of workers now in the workplace (Generation Y and emerging Generation Z) as well as a new situational approach to leadership. Next Generation leaders are able to lead themselves and others effectively by assessing the needs of a situation, selecting the most appropriate leadership approach and then use powerful new insights into employee thinking, behaviour and motivation.
This GLOMACS Next Generation Leadership training course comprehensively addresses these needs and is based upon the next generation of leadership-development tools. It covers powerful and exciting ways to enhance personal and team performance, job satisfaction, leading and coaching within the team and how to achieve continuous individual and team learning.
This training course will highlight for you and your staff:
- The essential leadership approaches that are required in today’s organisations
- Your own and other’s personality preferences
- The kind of team you are all part of, how you fit in and your own unique contributions
- Ways to communicate and influence effectively within your team
- Proven strategies to enhance your staff’s personal performance and job satisfaction
- How to be even more emotionally intelligent, innovative, and outcome-oriented
- Using feedback and technology to enable continuous individual and team learning
This GLOMACS training course is designed to help you and your team:
- Appreciate when they should be assuming the leadership role in team tasks (even though they are not the formal team leader)
- Understand how their personality preferences impact others
- Develop their interpersonal, Emotional Intelligence (EI) and political skills
- Optimize performance, trust, and collaboration within their team
- Enhance their personal effectiveness and job-satisfaction
- Welcome feedback and embrace continuous learning
This training course on Next Generation Leadership will use a range of approaches to learning, including experiential group activities, individual exercises, mini-case studies, targeted videos, role plays and syndicate discussions. Graphical materials and stimulating explanations will be used to introduce underlying models.
A key part of the learning process is sharing the different experiences participants bring, as well as experimenting with novel – and sometimes challenging – techniques. A personality questionnaire will be used to generate a personality profile that will contribute to understanding preferences, personal style, different personas they display and their unique contribution to the team.
The organisation will benefit from:
- A dispersal of effective leadership to all levels and all staff
- Greater team performance and commitment
- Improved communication, openness, and level of trust
- Enhanced creativity, innovation, and discretionary effort
- Constructive resolution of conflicts and challenges
- Higher levels of organizational productivity
Participants will be exposed to a range of different approaches to understand themselves and master a range of techniques to maximize their performance in satisfying and easy to apply ways. They will also acquire methods to enter powerful and confident states at will and also ways to manage any potentially career-damaging negative emotional displays in the moment. These skills and insights can be used in many different areas of their professional and personal lives and will make them considerably more valuable in today’s highly competitive job market.
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS Next Generation Leadership training course will benefit professionals from any specialisation in the organisation but will greatly benefit:
- Team Leaders
- Supervisors together with their teams
- Junior / Middle Managers new to their role