|04 - 08 Mar 2024||Online||$3,950|
|23 - 27 Dec 2024||Online||$3,950|
Projects, by their nature, are complex undertakings requiring the involvement of multiple entities and resources. All personnel involved in project execution are expected to contribute towards the successful delivery of their projects and, as such, it is essential that they know how to effectively plan, organise, and control projects. This GLOMACS Planning, Organising & Controlling Projects training course provides a framework for successfully managing projects based on extensive research into project performance across all forms of enterprise. The methodology presented, which is complementary with PMI® and other models, offers a versatile approach that will enhance both individual and project performance.
This training course is designed to equip those involved in project delivery with the essential skills needed to fulfil their responsibilities in a professional way. The concepts, methods, and techniques presented are both well established and proven to provide project teams with the essential knowledge, skills, and toolkits necessary to ensure successful project outcomes.
This training course will highlight:
- The key project management skills needed to maximise project performance.
- The responsibilities of project sponsors, project managers, line managers and specialists.
- Methods for identifying, engaging, and managing project stakeholders.
- Techniques for establishing the full scope of the project and prioritising deliverables.
- How to create realistic plans, pro-actively manage risks and exploit opportunities.
- The use of tools and techniques for tracking and managing project performance.
- The leadership and teamwork skills needed to promote collaboration throughout the project.
By the end of this training course, you will be able to:
- Apply a professional, systematic approach to manage projects and project activities.
- Define the project scope, establish realistic objectives, and identify the relevant deliverables.
- Produce realistic project plans, determine the critical path, and manage project risks
- Mobilise resources, accurately monitor project performance, and maintain control of the project.
- Recognise team dynamics within the project, play to strengths and manage weaknesses.
The training course is based on a combination of theory, practical, interactive discussion, and team exercises. During each session, we will explore the various inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs of each of the project planning, organising, implementing, and controlling processes, discuss their flaws and values, and simulate real-life project management events.
The organisation will gain the following benefits:
Delegates attending this training course will be better equipped to pro-actively manage projects and project activities. As a result, the organisation will gain the following benefits:
- Acquire and develop skills needed to fulfil your project responsibilities and objectives.
- Improved project team performance, delivering results more quickly and more cost effectively.
- Development of realistic project plans, with more accurate cost, time, and resource estimates.
- Improved project leadership.
- Achievement of project milestones with improved cash flow and budget control.
- Improved communication between project teams and the rest of the organisation.
- Higher levels of staff motivation and professionalism.
Delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate greater competence in contemporary project management methods and techniques
- Contribute more effectively in project and programme management teams
- Create more realistic plans and control work more professionally
- Show better leadership and management of project teams and work assignments
- Comprehend, appreciate, and apply appropriate economic evaluation measures
- Build and manage productive working relationships with clients, contractors, and suppliers
- Operate more confidently and effectively in a global business environment
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Managers and Directors
- Project Professionals, including anyone responsible carrying out project assignments
- Project Administrators, Supervisors, and Support Staff
- Project Owners and Clients
- Project Contractors and Suppliers
Reviewing the Fundamentals
- Understanding projects: Differences between large/small and simple/complex projects
- The 'project life cycle' and the role of project management
- Current trends in project management: Project management associations and qualifications
- Project performance measurement: Understanding why some projects succeed and others don’t
- A framework for building project success: Improving project management performance
- The different project roles, responsibilities, and boundaries: RACI Charts
- Key financial concepts: Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, and Payback Periods
Initiating and Defining Projects
- Initiating projects: Project context and environment
- Setting realistic objectives: Defining project scope and deliverables
- Managing expectations and agreeing priorities: Ensuring value for money
- Developing a work breakdown structure: Defining roles and specifying work packages
- Developing a cost breakdown structure: Techniques for making preliminary estimates of time and cost
- Using appropriate project planning methods: Applying a structured approach
- Initiating risk management: Using qualitative risk analysis techniques
Planning Projects for Results
- Building a realistic project plan: Using Gantt charts and activity networks
- Using the plan to develop detailed task and resource schedules
- Identifying the critical path and setting milestones: Getting buy-in from the key players
- Techniques for developing detailed estimates for time and cost: Managing estimating uncertainty
- Minimising project timescales: Exploring time-cost options and understanding trade-offs
- Managing project risks: Qualitative and quantitative risk management methods and techniques
- The importance of continuous planning: Maintaining and updating plans and risk registers
Organising, Implementing, and Controlling Projects
- Handling the changes and challenges that affect projects
- Running effective change control processes
- Project performance tracking, management, and control systems
- Pro-active and re-active control: Measures that give early warning
- Using predictive control techniques: Gantt charts, burn-down charts, and earned value methods
- Managing project communication and decision making: Running effective meetings
- Exploiting information management technology: Managing project documentation
Project Leadership and Team-Working
- Working in project teams: Building collaborative working relationships
- Understanding leadership and management: Qualities and skills that enhance results
- The role of the leader in building team cohesion and performance: The team development cycle
- The keys to effective influence and persuasion: Characteristics of successful leaders
- Improving communication, delegation, and motivation skills
- Working with senior stakeholders: Creating rapport and understanding, managing expectations
- Lean concepts and the learning cycle: Implementing continuous improvement
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate with eligible Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) from National Registry of CPE Sponsor and Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours from Project Management Institute (PMI®), will be awarded to the delegates
Endorsed Education Provider
A PMI registered mark
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
The Energy Training Centre
Our collaboration with Energy Training Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
Our collaboration with KC Academy aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour