Attend this GLOMACS Masterclass in Human Resources Management and get a grip with a new fully integrated approach to strategic workforce planning drawing in all the different facets to this business critical process. Not only does it explore the core components to workforce planning, this masterclass also shows how to move the approach from backroom black box operations to gaining a place in the organization’s strategic development process. Furthermore, this top level approach will then inform the organization’s resourcing, talent management and talent development strategies.
This training seminar will highlight:
- The Breadth of Activity that is incorporated in Modern Workforce Planning
- The Need for Broad Stakeholder involvement in planning and implementing Workforce Planning
- Workforce Planning will depend on the business strategy of the organization
- The Need to Create a Flexible Workforce
- The Need to Adopt evidence-based HR Practices
- The Need for both a Broad Mindset and the ability to collaborate across the Organisation
This Human Resource Management Masterclass on Strategic Workforce Planning aims to show you how to move from traditional manpower planning to modern strategic workforce planning, raising your profile and the effectiveness of the process.
At the end of this training seminar, you will learn to:
- Apply appropriate workforce planning tools and techniques to your business strategy
- Review your own practices and make appropriate changes
- Think both strategically and tactically to enable effective workforce planning
- Understand the core HR components of modern workforce planning to ensure alignment
- Overcome challenges to effective workforce planning and build on enablers
- Apply good ideas from colleagues from other organisations
Material will be presented by short presentation, case studies, and video clips aided by facilitation, and questioning to get the maximum learning from information presented. Discussion groups / action learning sets will also feature strongly for delegates to be able to share their knowledge and experience with the wider group in both learning about content (the ‘what’) as well as process (the ‘how’).
Chief Executives, around the world, say workforce planning is one of the big things that keeps them awake at night. Organisations that send delegates on this Human Resource Management Masterclass will benefit from the following:
- A realization that strategic workforce planning is a key business process and the one that drives much of HR activity
- An understanding of what a range of organisations do that may change the way strategic workforce planning is done
- Clarity on what needs to be done next either to start strategic workforce planning or improve existing processes
- Practical examples that delegates can take back and use in their workplace
- Getting ahead of the curve as strategic workforce planning correlates unambiguously with realizing business strategy and achieving desired business results
This is a career development opportunity for people involved in workforce planning to increase their knowledge and confidence in being able to take practical recommendations back to work and so progress their careers.
Particular benefits for participants are:
- Understanding the breadth of workforce planning to be able to make refinements to existing practices
- Reflection on current practice with the opportunity to add new ideas to the organization
- Facilitated discussion to solve current problems faced by delegates at work
- Rethink how current HR practices might be changed to enable career progression.
Who Should Attend?
Workforce planning typically involves the HR function, finance and senior line management so it is aimed at these key stakeholder groups.
This GLOMACS training seminar is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- HR Specialists in resourcing, talent and succession and L&D
- HR Business Partners
- Finance People involved in planning, strategic cost control
- Line Managers with responsibility for talent management
- Senior Managers with responsibility for resourcing their department / division / business
- Senior Managers with responsibility for defining and developing organizational strategy
Endorsed Education Provider
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients