|04 - 08 Dec 2023||London - UK||$5,950|
|05 - 09 Feb 2024||London - UK||$5,950|
|10 - 14 Jun 2024||London - UK||$5,950|
|09 - 13 Sep 2024||Lisbon - Portugal||$5,950|
|16 - 20 Dec 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
This Upstream Petroleum Economics, Risk and Fiscal Analysis training course aims to provide participants with a thorough understanding of the fundamental economic and financial concepts that drive the upstream oil and gas industry. The training course will cover upstream petroleum economics, risk management, and fiscal analysis. Participants will learn how to analyze and manage risks associated with exploration, production, and investment activities and conduct financial analysis to evaluate the profitability of different projects.
The Upstream Petroleum Economics, Risk and Fiscal Analysis training course will also include case studies and practical exercises to ensure participants can apply the concepts learned in real-world situations.
By the end of this GLOMACS Upstream Petroleum Economics, Risk and Fiscal Analysis training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the critical economic and financial concepts that drive the upstream oil and gas industry, including the upstream petroleum value chain, fiscal systems, and financial metrics.
- Analyze and manage risks associated with upstream oil and gas operations, including exploration, production, and investment activities.
- Conduct financial analysis to evaluate the profitability of different projects, using techniques such as cash flow analysis, time value of money, and sensitivity and scenario analysis.
- Evaluate and select profitable projects using capital budgeting techniques and investment criteria.
- Apply the concepts learned in real-world situations by analyzing case studies and participating in practical exercises.
- Communicate effectively with other teams and organizational stakeholders, using a common language and understanding of key economic and financial concepts.
- Enhance their skills and knowledge of upstream petroleum economics, risk management, and fiscal analysis to improve their career prospects and contribute more effectively to their organization.
The Upstream Petroleum Economics, Risk and Fiscal Analysis training course will be delivered through lectures, case studies, group discussions, and practical exercises to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the key concepts and their practical application.
- Improved decision-making: Participants will learn how to evaluate and manage risks associated with upstream oil and gas operations, enabling them to make informed decisions about exploration, production, and investment activities.
- Increased profitability: By conducting fiscal analysis, participants can identify profitable projects and avoid unprofitable ones, leading to increased profitability for the organization.
- Improved communication: The course will provide participants with a common language and understanding of key economic and financial concepts, facilitating better communication and collaboration between different teams within the organization.
- Enhanced skills and knowledge: Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the economic and financial factors that drive the upstream oil and gas industry and practical skills for analyzing and managing risks and conducting fiscal analysis.
- Improved career prospects: The course will enhance participants' expertise and make them more valuable to their organization, potentially leading to career advancement opportunities.
- Increased confidence: By developing a solid understanding of economic and financial concepts, participants will feel more confident in contributing to their organization and making informed decisions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The GLOMACS Upstream Petroleum Economics, Risk and Fiscal Analysis training course is ideal for:
- Project Managers: Project managers involved in upstream oil and gas projects who are responsible for managing project budgets, timelines, and risks.
- Finance Professionals: Finance professionals who work in the oil and gas industry, including financial analysts, controllers, and accountants. These professionals need to understand the industry's critical economic and financial concepts to provide accurate financial information and analysis.
- Senior Executives: Senior executives, including CEOs, CFOs, and COOs, who want to gain a deeper understanding of the financial and economic aspects of the upstream oil and gas industry to make informed decisions and manage risks.
- Exploration and Production Professionals: Exploration and production professionals, including geologists, reservoir engineers, and production engineers, must understand the financial implications of their decisions and activities.
- Government Regulators: Government regulators overseeing the upstream oil and gas industry need to understand the fiscal and economic impact of their policies and regulations.
- Investment Professionals: Investment professionals involved in upstream oil and gas investments, including private equity investors, venture capitalists, and investment bankers.
Introduction to Upstream Petroleum Economics
- Overview of the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry
- Basic economic concepts and principles
- Overview of the upstream petroleum value chain
Risk Management in Upstream Petroleum
- Understanding risk and uncertainty
- Types of Risks in upstream oil and gas operations
- Risk management strategies and tools
Fiscal Analysis in Upstream Petroleum
- Overview of fiscal systems in the Oil and gas industry
- Key financial metrics for evaluating upstream projects
- Fiscal Analysis Techniques for Decision-making
- Estimating project costs and revenues
- Cash flow analysis and time value of money
- Sensitivity and scenario analysis
- Capital budgeting techniques
- Investment criteria and Decision-making
- Portfolio management and diversification
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour