In this GLOMACS Negotiating and Managing PPP Contracts online training seminar, we examine PPP from first principles to real-world examples, learning from the success and failure of PPP projects around the world. We introduce, demonstrate and test best practice recommendations for project evaluation, contractual drafting, procurement, and contract management. In this GLOMACS training seminar, we dispel some common myths and misconceptions concerning PPP, and we address crucial practical issues such as community and stakeholder engagement, incentivizing or compelling contractual performance and dealing with requests for variation or renegotiation of contract terms.
PPP can mobilize private sector investment and expertise to provide much-needed infrastructure and public services. It can transform government departments and contracting authorities from being owners and operators of assets into knowledgeable purchasers of services from the private sector. However, with more than 110 countries competing for PPP funding and expertise, success depends on the development of public and private sector capacity and understanding of PPP.
This GLOMACS online training seminar will highlight:
- Best Practice for Project Evaluation and Procurement
- What makes a "bankable" PPP?
- How to use Payment Mechanisms to incentivize or enforce Contractual Performance?
- The Lessons we can learn from PPP Successes and Failures
- The Essential Role of Good Contract Management – from beginning to end
This GLOMACS online training course will enhance your ability to determine whether PPP is the best vehicle for your projects, and to ensure that you have in place the contract terms and contract management techniques to ensure long-term success.
At the end of this GLOMACS training course on Negotiating and Managing PPP Contracts, you will learn to:
- Analyze and evaluate project proposals to decide whether they are suitable for PPP
- Apply best practice in procurement, promoting transparency, fairness, and "bankability"
- Understand where contractual disputes are most likely to arise, and how to deal with them
- Decide how best to respond to problems, and how to rescue a PPP
- Determine how to secure and maintain political and public confidence in PPP
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Success can be learned, and failures avoided, by examining others' experience. Throughout this training course, we draw on practical examples of best practice and well-documented failures to maximize your team's chances of success. Through practical examples, open discussion and interactive exercises, your team can gain the skills and confidence to deliver successful PPP.
Your team members will learn and have the opportunity to practice techniques for:
- Evaluating project proposals, whether invited or unsolicited
- Managing or mitigating demand risk
- Drafting, negotiating, and managing performance of high-quality PPP contracts
- Accurately and confidently deciding how best to respond to delays, problems, or unforeseen events
- Communicating the social value and economic benefits of PPP
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS online training programme is specifically designed for central government bodies and contracting authorities considering PPP to address infrastructure or public service requirements.
This online training programme on Negotiating and Managing PPP Contracts is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- PPP Unit Officials and Advisors
- Transactional Advisors
- Procurement Specialists
- Contract Management Specialists
- Legal Advisors
- Project Management Professionals