This is a highly relevant, industrially based online training course that will update the skills and knowledge of Technicians and Engineers alike. This GLOMACS PLC, Telemetry & SCADA Technologies online training course is ‘hands-on’ using industry standard PLC’s in a simulated environment. Through this approach the delegate will progress from learning the fundamentals of PLC application to writing, debugging and finally designing their own programs.
Radio and wire based telemetry systems, essential for an understanding of modern communication methods deployed in the field are also studied and explained. These are vital for a comprehensive understanding in their use with not only programmable controllers but any Instrumentation / Controller remote application.
This GLOMACS PLC, Telemetry & SCADA Technologies online training course also includes a study of modern SCADA technologies. Again, together with a hands-on approach using a modern industrially compliant SCADA software package, the delegate will acquire new and updated skills essential in any fast moving industrial environment.
Some of the main topics covered include:
- A study and explanation of the PLC for Control purposes
- Understanding through ‘hands-on’ approach using industry standard PLC’s in a simulated environment of PLC programming – design and debugging
- Investigation of Radio telemetry methods, frequencies used and application and limitation of each frequency band
- Case study in the design of a Radio Telemetry link
- Study of commonly used wire based telemetry methods and protocols such as RS232 and RS485
- Investigation of SCADA, its structure and application. Understanding of a typical SCADA application through a hands-on approach using an industry compliant SCADA software package
The main objectives of this online training seminar are:
- To give an understanding of the operation, architecture and use of an industry standard PLC for Control purposes
- By using a hands-on approach, enable the delegate to investigate the operation of the PLC through designing, building and testing typical programs in the ladder programming language using industry standard PLC’s in a simulated environment
- To allow the delegate to become familiar and confident with the PLC, Telemetry and SCADA environments
- To understand the concepts of Radio Telemetry and acquire the knowledge relating to the application, limitation and use of frequency bands used
- To gain an understanding and knowledge of common wire based communication protocols
- To disseminate and share experience and knowledge with other delegates through open session discussions hence broadening the knowledge base of all
- To become familiar and knowledgeable with an industry compliant SCADA software package
- To have the confidence and knowledge to apply the above techniques and principles to solve unfamiliar and bespoke situations in the workplace
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
By attending this online training seminar, delegates will return to their organisations more confident in the knowledge and use of PLC, Telemetry and SCADA systems.
More specifically, they will:
- Be equipped with new skills and knowledge which must impact positively within the company structure
- Be able to evaluate the suitability and application of current in-house PLC / SCADA systems and offer guidance and advise on whether such systems may be modified or improved
- Consequently be able to leverage their skills to potentially cause an increase within the plant or process in terms of overall productivity and efficiency through analysis of current systems
- Be better equipped to advise on new system communication installations in terms of evaluating choices between radio and wire based telemetry systems
- Potentially through their newly acquired knowledge and understanding of PLC systems and their integration into a SCADA system using a variety of digital communication standards and telemetry links be able to advise system designers, thereby negating or at least reducing the dependency on external agencies and vendors
- Therefore potentially contribute towards and result in plant and process cost reductions leading to financial savings for the company
The delegate will benefit personally from attendance of this online training seminar and will enhance their own knowledge base and level of confidence in the area of PLC, SCADA and Telemetry systems.
Specifically, delegates will be able to:
- Return to their organisations equipped with new skills and knowledge that will enable them to understand, analyse, and optimise their own plant requirements in terms of PLC and SCADA systems
- Design, construct, download and evaluate PLC programs written in a standard programming language to meet a given specification
- Develop a working knowledge of basic and advanced PLC and SCADA programming techniques
- Predict the suitability of a Radio telemetry system by a study of the terrain under investigation and by gaining a knowledge of the operating parameters of the frequency bands available
- Make informed decisions on methods of conveying data from RTU’s by an acquired understanding of commonly used wire based data communication protocols such as RS232 and RS485
- Upgrade their level of confidence in PLC based systems and determine the appropriateness of new system design in terms of PLC / SCADA or a DCS configuration
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS PLC, Telemetry & SCADA Technologies online training seminar is suitable for and is designed to attract and be of benefit to a range of people who work in the Control and Instrumentation process and plant areas.
Typically but not exclusively, this online training seminar will be of benefit to:
- Electrical Engineers and Technicians
- Control Engineers and Technicians
- Communication Engineers and Technicians
- I.T. and Software Engineers and Technicians
- Design Engineers
- Instrumentation Engineers and Technicians
- Instrument and Process Control Engineers and Technicians
- Mechanical Engineers and Technicians
- Operations Engineers
- Process Engineers and Technicians
- Production Professionals
- Project Design Professionals
- System Integrators
- Other Professions (Managers, Engineers, Technicians) involved in the Control and Process Industries who require a fuller understanding of that industry