Professionals of the oil and gas industries are more than ever required to know and understand the regulations and practices governing their industry. This requirement extends not just to lawyers, but also geologists seeking out new mining sites, engineers planning the drills, and those responsible for drawing up mining contracts, who all need to know the legal technicalities affecting their industry. However, knowledge of the black letter law is no longer enough; a practical understanding of operations is also a necessity.
During this training, delegates will acquire the fundamentals of international oil and gas contracts, along with negotiation techniques and strategies that work in international and multicultural settings. Delegates will also learn how to effectively negotiate in concert with counsel and how to get the terms negotiated incorporated into an enforceable international oil and gas agreement. The hands-on practical exercises will give you an understanding of the art of negotiations.
Delegates will understand the components of 'the deal', timing, strategies for gaining the upper hand in negotiations, games opponents play, good vs. bad negotiations and the pitfalls of positional bargaining. After attending this course, delegates will be better equipped to negotiate profitably with international companies and governments in order to enforceable agreements that contain terms and conditions most productive for their company.
This training course on Complex Negotiation Skills for Oil and Gas is specifically designed for professionals involved internationally in the oil and gas industry, it offers a unique opportunity to rapidly increase your understanding of the legal issues involved in various international scenarios and to improve your techniques and skills in drafting a variety of international contracts.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- Variety of instrumental (operational) contracts in the upstream sector
- Negotiation techniques and the role of counsel
- Dispute resolution mechanism and how to draft an effective arbitration clause
- Understanding of model service contracts
- Appreciation of international model contracts, i.e., AIPN
At the end of this training seminar, you will learn:
- Detailed analysis of key oil and gas contracts
- Negotiation techniques and the role of counsel
- Analysis of international model oil and gas contracts
- Commonly occurring causes of disputes and to gain knowledge on International Dispute Resolution Framework and Institutions: how to negotiate arbitration clauses
- Problems and pitfalls in contract negotiations
This interactive training course will provide the participants an ideal opportunity to improve and sharpen their skill sets in planning, negotiating and managing oil and gas contracts through interactive session with role playing, case studies, discussion groups and scenario building and the high-point of the training course being a simulation exercise of oil and gas contracts negotiation involving interactive role play by the participants. The objective of the interactive role play is to enable participants to apply the knowledge and understanding gained at the workshop to negotiate a more effective oil and gas contracts. This will help participants gain practical insights into managing the risks and enhancing their rewards.
For professionals involved nationally and internationally in the oil and gas industry, this training course on Complex Negotiation Skills for Oil and Gas course offers a unique opportunity to rapidly increase your understanding of the legal issues involved in oil and gas contracts and to improve your negotiation techniques and skills in drafting a variety of related contracts.
Therefore, your organisation will benefit from this training course by:
- Gaining expertise and improving knowledge and skill sets of personnel dealing with oil and gas contracts
- Awareness and comparison of model oil and gas contracts from other key oil producing countries and how it compares with your own practice to work out best contract strategies
- Understand the risk factors in oil and gas contracts and how to mitigate them before they affect profits and bottom lines
- Enhancing internal capacity to manage key contractual risks
- Better managing claims and disputes and avoiding adversarial approaches
- Enhancing contract personnel negotiation skills
Attendees will gain by participation in this training seminar as a result of:
- A unique opportunity to rapidly increase your understanding of the legal issues involved in oil and gas contracts
- Improving your negotiation techniques and skills in drafting a variety of related contracts
- Managing and mitigating risks associated with oil and gas contracts
- Ensuring smooth contract administration
- Choosing most appropriate form of dispute resolution
- Enhancing your ability to negotiate and manage claims and disputes with confidence
Who Should Attend?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Commercial and business development managers within national and international oil and gas companies looking to improve their oil and gas contract negotiation skills and overall commercial performance
- Legal advisors involved in negotiating or renegotiating oil and gas contracts
- Government representatives, policy makers, and regulators looking to increase their oil and gas contracts knowledge
- Insurance and risk managers looking to reduce the legal and contracts risks for their companies
- Executives, professionals, and academics looking to increase or specialise in the area of oil and gas contracts