|18 - 29 Dec 2023||Dubai - UAE||$11,900|
|08 - 19 Jan 2024||Dubai - UAE||$11,900|
|19 Feb - 01 Mar 2024||Kigali - Rwanda||$11,900|
|15 - 26 Jul 2024||Dubai - UAE||$11,900|
This highly interactive Priority Management training course will give you the tools and techniques needed to manage your time proactively and effectively.
Successful people set themselves goals and objectives. They know what they need to do, how they need to do it and have a plan to help them achieve it. How you plan and prioritize your day are two of the key skills needed to be successful and add value to your organization. Time is one of our most valuable resources yet we don’t always manage it as effectively as we could. This can lead to a stressful working environment which will prevent you from being successful and achieving your goals.
A key aspect of addressing this challenge is the ability to influence others to support you in a way that assists achieving mutual goals. To do this, finely honed communication skills are considered by many thought leaders to be an integral part of any business professionals’ toolkit.
This Priority Management training course covers these strategic areas in a unique, proactive manner, which will result in top quality performance back in the workplace.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- How to set yourself realistic goals and objectives
- The importance of planning and prioritizing daily, weekly and monthly
- The relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Influencing
- Techniques to help you structure a compelling proposition
- The role of effective communication in managing your day more effectively
- Techniques to manage workplace stress
- How to manage the demands of others who want / need your time
This training course is split into two modules:
MODULE II - Mastering the Art of Presence & Influence
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone training course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a 2-week training course.
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Set yourself meaningful goals and objectives
- Plan, prioritize and manage your time more effectively
- Communicate positively and assertively with time stealers
- Run more effective meetings and delegate effectively
- Identify and reduce stress in yourself and others
- Present your ideas in a compelling way
- Negotiate effectively whilst building long term relationships
- Design and deliver a memorable presentation
- Influence Decision Making in the workplace
- Build long lasting business relationships with others
This Priority Management training course will involve a high level of participation facilitated by the training course tutor using a range of proven blended learning methods. This methodology includes trainer delivery combined with individual and group exercises to reinforce key messages. All learning styles are addressed and mediums such as video, small group role-play, questionnaires, games and discussions are used to ensure the training is fun, engaging and empowering.
Companies who invest in this training course are providing employees with the opportunity to gain a set of skills and knowledge that will benefit the productivity of the individual and the business.
- This training course introduces delegates to the benefits of goal and objective setting, which in turn will allow employees to become more effective and productive
- Delegates are shown how to take charge of their day, make best use of their personal best times of the day and plan their workload to ensure that personal and company objectives are consistently met
- This training course provides delegates with the skills and strategies to communicate more effectively in a range of contexts that ensure effective working relationships are developed and business goals are achieved
- By equipping employees with powerful communication strategies employers are ensuring their staff are more productive and effective in their job roles
- All skills learnt are multi-dimensional in terms of scope and application which means any delegate from any job function who attends this training course will benefit
By learning how to set priorities, manage your day and influence those around you, you will be more effective in your job role and achieve greater success.
- Each delegate will set their own goals and SMART objectives that they can use for their life, work and personal goals
- You will create your own personal work plan that you can use to prioritize and manage your day more effectively
- You will learn empowerment techniques that will allow you to communicate more effectively with others who might be looking to take your time
- You will build confidence by the application of communication tools and concepts in a motivational learning environment
- Each delegate will have the opportunity for self-analysis through questionnaires designed to help you understand your own and others behavior
- You will learn core negotiation skills that will achieve Win-Win outcomes for both parties
- Delegates will leave the training course with a clear action plan to apply back in the workplace
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This Priority Management training course is aimed at professionals who want to take better control of their time and be more productive. It will also benefit those who find their working environment quite stressful and want to take control of reducing stress.
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team Leaders
- Heads of Department
- Training Professionals
- Senior Business Leaders
- First Line Managers
- General Managers
- Middle Managers
- Project Managers
- Employees with a specific development need to influence and persuade other people more effectively
Module 1: Setting Priorities, Time Management & Stress Reduction
Managing Yourself and Your Day
- Goal Setting – Why have goals?
- Setting SMART objectives to achieve your goals
- Planning and Scheduling your activities
- Establishing Responsibilities and Priorities
- Effective Use of Diaries, Time Planners, Time Logs, etc.
- Criteria for Prioritizing using the Urgent and Important Model
- My Perfect Day – When are you at your best?
Personal Time Management Styles and Communication
- Your Time Management Style – Productive or Obstructive?
- Highlighting Personal ‘time-stealers’ and Areas for Development
- Procrastination – The Stealer of Time
- Dealing with Interruptions and Distractions – Staying Focused
- Communication Styles and How to Use Positive Communication to Aid Productivity
- Empowerment Techniques – Learning when to push back using the WISH model
Effective Meetings and Delegation
- Meeting Preparation – What tools do you need?
- Managing the Meeting – time-keeper, note taker, chairperson
- Tips and Techniques for Effective Meetings
- What does effective delegation look like?
- Styles of Management that Aid and Hinder Delegation
- How to delegate successfully?
- Understanding How people learn
- The Use of Feedback in the Delegation Process
Understanding Workplace Stress and its Causes
- What is Stress?
- What contributes to Workplace Stress? – The top ten causes
- The Impact of Stress on Personal Performance – The Positive and Negative Effects of Stress
- Recognizing the Signs of Stress in ourselves and others
- Tips and Techniques for Managing Stress
- Maintaining an Effective balance between Home and Work
Managing Workplace Stress through Behavior and Communication
- Understanding Behavior Types: Passive, Aggressive, Passive Aggressive and Assertive
- How our thought process affects our behavior?
- Developing Self-assertiveness to achieve greater control over Stress
- Conflict Management – common cause of stress
- Analysis of Individual conflict Management Styles
- Using Emotional Intelligence to Manage Stress and Conflict Situations
Module 2: Mastering the Art of Presence & Influence
The Link between Influence and Relationships
- Defining the Characteristics of Required to Influence Others
- Where are you and those you wish to Influence on the Change Curve?
- What are the blockages we face when influencing others?
- The Importance of Accommodating Different Learning Styles
- The Fight, Freeze, or Flight: How the brain works?
- Unconscious Bias and How We Filter Information
- Understanding Different Behavioral Styles
- Emotional Intelligence and Influence
Building Your Personal Effectiveness Toolkit
- The Influence Model
- The Critical Elements of the Influencing Model Explained and Demonstrated
- Listening with Intent
- Asking Better Questions to Understand Truly
- The Importance of Building in Flexibility to Any Idea or Proposal
- Influencing Decision Making at Work
- Influencing Others to Make More Informed Decisions
- How to Use Decision Making Tools in Practice
Negotiation in Practice
- Explaining What Negotiation Is and Isn’t
- An Introduction to Negotiations
- Negotiation Skills in Business and Life
- Understanding Negotiation Parameters
- Preparing for Your Negotiations
- Learning How to Identify Negotiable Variables – What do I trade?
- The Principles of the WAP (Walk Away Point) and Why It Is Important
Delivering a Best in Class Presentation
- What makes Memorable Speech?
- Presentation Top Tips
- Introduction and Use of the INTRO Formula
- Using Intonation for Effect
- Exploring the Role of Non-Verbal Communication When Presenting
- PowerPoint Do’s and Don’ts
- Using Stories and Visualization to Enhance Your Message
- How to Control Nerves like a Professional
- Creating a Personal Vocal Checklist
Building Your Sphere of Influence
- Understanding the Sphere of Influence
- Creating a Personal Influence Map
- Consideration of Influencing Tactics
- Developing a Personal “Plan of Action” for Your Return to Work
- Building Your Personal Resource Library
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
Our collaboration with KC Academy aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour