This interactive 5-day GLOMACS Project Performance Measurement and Management training course will highlight the added value that can be achieved when effective control mechanisms and performance measurement tools are applied using proven project management techniques.
One of the fundamental success factors in project execution is knowing which elements determine real project performance and how to measure them accurately. There is a multitude of metrics that may be measured on any project but, depending on the nature and objectives of the project, only a few of these will establish how well the project is performing.
Projects are usually multi-faceted, meaning they comprise multiple stages, multiple work-scopes, and have various interfaces, and as such, measuring and managing the performance of a project requires comprehensive project planning and effective project control. Without this, no project can be accurately measured in terms of how well it is performing, and, by virtue of this, the project's performance cannot be managed.
This training course will highlight:
- Discussions on project success and failure
- Exploration of the concept of the value and value-driven project management
- Definition of key performance indicators, metrics and reporting mechanisms
- Demonstration of techniques to control expectations through effective stakeholder management
- Examination of effective governance mechanisms to support planning, execution, change control, and performance management
- Application of core planning techniques to enable management to control project scope, schedule, costs, uncertainty, and quality
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- The benefit of applying value-driven Project Management techniques
- How to identify relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPI) & establish additional metrics to measure the increasingly complex nature of modern projects?
- How to compose effective dashboards and scorecards to report project performance?
- The importance of clearly establishing the project environment and context within the planning process
- The benefit of applying proven project management techniques to establish an integrated project baseline
- How to measure, forecast, present status, and control project performance by employing earned value techniques?
- The importance of careful team selection and dynamics in project performance
This Project Performance Measurement and Management training course will incorporate both theory and skill training components, applying hands-on exercises, facilitation of group discussions, practical case studies, and real-life examples.
Impact on the organisation in attending this Project Performance Measurement, and Management training course will benefit by:
- Making corporate improvements by linking strategic goals to accurately defined project performance metrics
- Enhancing decision-making due to clear visibility of project progress and performance, and delivering to expectations
- Excelling in project management practice and increasing organisational maturity
- Equipping employees with enhanced skills in project management and leadership
- Improve their project delivery key performance indicators and success rates
- Improving customer and shareholder value through consistently accurate and reliable performance reporting
This impact of this training course to the participants will develop additional and valuable skills through:
- Learning to recognise and address the increased complexity of the modern project management environment
- Appreciating the need to recognise that value-driven approaches and a focus on “outcomes rather than outputs” is a key success factor in all projects
- Enhancing their project management skills by knowing how to plan, organise, implement, control, and close projects using proven best practices
- Knowing how to report project performance accurately through the selection of relevant Key Performance Indicators
- Learning how to proactively identify and control project risks and thereby maintain consistent project performance
- Improving the speed and efficiency of delivery in all projects they are involved in
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is tailored to suit project management professionals and project team members who are engaged in the planning, execution, and delivery of projects of all types and sizes.
This training course is a suitably wide range of professionals but will significantly benefit:
- Project Directors
- Project Managers
- Project Consultants
- Project Planners and Estimators
- Quality Assurance Managers and Engineers
- Contract and Procurement Managers
- Project and Discipline Engineers
- Specialist Technicians and Technical Assistants