This GLOMACS Boston Strategic Management Programme will enable experienced managers and specialists to take their existing knowledge and skills in business strategy to a higher level and make a major contribution to the development of their teams and their organisation in a rapidly changing and increasingly competitive global business environment.
This GLOMACS Boston Advanced Strategic Management Programme considers the new challenges that we face in contemporary business. We need to develop ourselves and our people to deal with major changes in markets, competitive structures, technology, operational relationships and organisational structures. It is a fast-paced GLOMACS training course that offers the opportunity of improving strategic management capability based on introduction and application of leading-edge thinking and best practice in the development of national and international operations.
This GLOMACS training course is intensive, broad in its scope and interactive in its approach. This will enable participants to develop new ideas for their part of their business as well as gaining an appreciation of the strategic impact of their personal specialisations on the performance of the organisation as a whole.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight the following major issues:
- Structural change in international business and its implications for strategic management
- Aligning strategy, structure, culture and operations
- Developing our teams for the new challenges of 21st century business
- Designing and resourcing strategic plans that can be executed effectively
- Managing the effective execution of strategic plans
At the end of this GLOMACS training seminar, The Boston Strategic Management Programme, delegates will leverage their experience and deepen their management and leadership skills in the following activities of strategic management:
- Enhancing your personal contribution in meeting corporate objectives
- Achieving leadership success in directing and focusing the work of your teams
- Setting demanding and realistic strategic and operational goals and targets
- Strengthening alignment of strategic and operational management
- Improving and developing strategic thinking in the whole team
This GLOMACS, The Boston Strategic Management Programme training course is designed as a highly interactive learning and personal development mechanism for experienced managers. The methodology is based on participative learning and sharing of experience. This will involve detailed analysis of strategic issues and decisions using real-life case examples for discussion and case studies for group work. This will involve applying leading-edge analytical tools. It will be based substantially on strategic decisions in real-life situations in which the course leader has been personally involved, so that outcomes can be presented, discussed and evaluated for their applicability in each delegate’s own organization.
By sending delegates to this GLOMACS training course, the organisation will gain the following benefits:
- Better decision-making leading to improved business performance
- Development and cascading of strategic thinking across the whole organisation
- More ambitious targeting and goal setting at all levels of the organisation
- Sharper focus and greater effectiveness in planning at strategic and operational levels
- Higher consistency in execution of strategic programmes and projects
- Creative and original ideas for strategic, operational and organisational development
By attending this GLOMACS training course delegates can expect to gain the following personal development benefits:
- Detailed appreciation of the trends that influence 21st century business development
- Understanding best practice in aligning strategic and operational management
- Learning how to use tools and techniques of strategic analysis and planning
- Improved personal leadership and team building skills
- Identifying and introducing innovative approaches to management
- Preparation for higher level operational and strategic management responsibility
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course, The Boston Strategic Management Programme, will be presented at an advanced level. Delegates will need to have had substantial senior management experience, including involvement in deciding the direction of their part of the organisation, if they are to understand and apply the material that is presented and thereby gain the full benefit from this GLOMACS training course. Delegate characteristics are as follows:
- Proven career potential that now requires a high-level understanding of strategic management
- Significant senior level operational management experience in their organisations
- Experienced specialists in corporate finance
- Human resource managers who contribute to long-term staff development
- Specialists in supply chain design and logistic systems