We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
The Senior Secretary holds a key position of influence and a powerful partnership with the senior management team. Success in this role has a direct effect on the success of executive operations. The Senior Secretary who understands the role and pressures of management and even thinks like the team will achieve improved performance, outstanding results and respect from superiors and the executive team.
You already hold this position because of your current capability, therefore this GLOMACS Senior Secretary Development training course seeks to supplement your current set of capabilities and competence by:
- Presenting you with an additional set of competences to add to your skills portfolio
- By using interactive team and group exercises to practice the skills learned
- By presenting a series of videos to supplement the theories & learning presented
- Interaction with fellow students from a variety of different organizations for learning & networking
- By developing your skills and capabilities for the future
- By concentration on developing your people and social skills
Attendance on this Senior Secretary Development training course will expose participants to a variety of personal and organizational development skills, knowledge and competences designed to improve the effectiveness of individuals in the workplace and their working relationships with colleagues and clients.
The main objectives are:
- Creating opportunities for your personal development and accepting the challenges when they arise
- Managing yourself, your subordinates, your colleagues and your boss more effectively
- Developing the competence & managerial aspects of your role
- Improving your confidence, assertiveness and communication skills
- Managing the stress and pressure in an increasingly challenging environment
- Understanding your own and others personality & its effect on behavior
- Make better and more effective decisions
Particular competences that will be developed are:
- How to communicate better with a wide range of people
- How to negotiate with other more effectively
- How to use a variety of time tools effectively
- Improvement in memory skills
- How to motivate yourself and others
- How to analyse your performance for future development opportunities
This Senior Secretary Development training course is based on a combination of interactive activities- Group and individual exercises, case studies, role plays and discussions - along with formal inputs.
The environment will be a supportive one in which individuals with varying degrees of experience will be encouraged to share the approaches they currently use as well as try out new ones that they encounter on the training course. The instructor will be on hand to answer any questions a delegate may have and to act as a facilitator for building and applying new approaches.
We aim for this to be an enjoyable as well as a learning experience and feel that the mix of style and learning techniques will prove valuable to those that attend. The instructor is available to discuss any personal or private problems each day.
Staff attending this Senior Secretary Development training course will appreciate the range of skills and competencies required to fulfill their job role effectively. They will have been exposed to, and will have practiced, techniques in competencies that are essential in the Senior Secretary role. An organisation sending a participant can expect to see:
- An improvement in confidence from the attendee
- An enhanced range of competences deployed in the workplace
- An increased awareness of the impact of personality on behavior and appropriate techniques to improve effectiveness
- Improvement in problem solving & decision making techniques employed
- Able to work on own initiative more effectively
- An improvement in memory
- Enhanced social interaction skills
Attendance at this Senior Secretary Development training course will result in individuals being exposed to a wide range of interpersonal and organisational techniques required to operate effectively in this highly responsible position.
Delegates will be able to:
- Better able to think through situations in a more logical and analytical manner
- Understand and explain the methods that will be of benefit to them in managing the pressures and demands of their workplace in such a position
- Have a selection of tools to approach situations and people more effectively
- Feel more confident in their own capability to handle the more unusual situations that occur
- Have practiced skills in a non-threatening environment
- Have the tools to develop a personal action plan
Who Should Attend?
Delegates should have several years experience and be comfortable with the requirements of their role and have the sense that they are able to take on greater responsibilities now or in the near future.
This, GLOMACS training course in particular applies to:
- Ambitious PA’s and secretaries who are confident in their current position
- Those who wish to be more proactive, grow in their position and take on more management responsibility
- PA’s and secretaries who wish to increase their portfolio of skills and competences
- Senior administrators who wish to improve their effectiveness or promotional prospects