We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
This GLOMACS Transformer Operational Principles, Selection and Troubleshooting training seminar will explore important aspects of power transformers. Power and distribution transformers are among the most important and most expensive components of power systems; their failure can be very costly and dangerous for other major equipment and personnel alike besides imposing extraordinarily high costs on the electrical installation. The utilization of oil-filled and dry-type transformers are increasingly visible due to their outstanding characteristics
With increasing demand in electrical power and reduction of carbon footprint, new innovative and intelligent transformers have emerged. With the digitalization of substation operations, electrical power transmission and distribution has been more efficient.
The design and operation of any transformer must fulfil specific requirements to withstand the electric, thermal, and mechanical stresses during its service life. Tests and maintenance of transformers according to the relevant standards are intended to ensure that a transformer passing them will give trouble-free service for many years under the conditions it is likely to experience after its installation.
This GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- Selection of oil-filled and dry-type transformers
- Ester based oil for new transformers
- Basics of smart digital transformers
- Maintenance and commissioning procedures
- Testing, diagnostics and monitoring technologies
By the end of this GLOMACS training course, participants will learn to:
- Describe the various classifications and types of transformer
- Appreciate the importance of transformer maintenance
- Reduction of carbon footprint by installing new generation power transformers
- Classify the transformer cooling methods
- Recognise the merits of transformer designs
This GLOMACS Electrical Engineering training will ensure that participants will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline; each seminar participant will receive a copy of the comprehensive seminar notes. The presenter will outline and discuss the topics using computer displays, videos, and PowerPoint presentations.
The seminar is designed to have an interactive format to maximize delegate participation. Questions and answers are encouraged throughout and at the daily sessions. Needs-Based case-studies and examples will be discussed in problem-solving workshop sessions. This allows participants to discuss with other delegates and the presenter their specific problems and appropriate solutions.
Upon completion of the GLOMACS course, the organizational impact would be:
- Technical training and up-skilling to improve and realise the full potential of a competent workforce
- Productivity increase through minimisation of project time acceptance / design and testing
- Identification of opportunities for improvements due to a deep understanding of the presented state-of-the-art maintenance technologies
- Networking of personnel with technology leaders and other engineers
- Attitude change of workforce, as continuous follow up of new technologies, and they're up to taking could otherwise create a workforce with high resistance to change due to lack of understanding
- Ensure safety practices adhere when carrying out electrical installation activities
On successful completion of this GLOMACS training seminar, delegate will be able to understand:
- Understand the principles of operation and construction of the various types of transformer
- Identify the different components in the transformers
- Appreciate the testing and maintenance procedures for transformers
- Be familiar with the construction of the transformer, transformer winding connections, and cooling systems
- Recognize the effects of transformer off-load and on-load tap changers
- Comprehend site acceptance tests for newly installed transformers
Who Should Attend?
The technicians and maintenance staff will be able to comprehend the types, construction, operations, the function of transformers. This will enable them to carry out effective maintenance activities.
This GLOMACS training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Electrical Engineers
- Maintenance Technicians
- Electrical Supervisors
- Engineering Professionals
- Managers of the electrical engineering department