|22 - 26 Jul 2024||London - UK||$5,950|
|25 - 29 Nov 2024||London - UK||$5,950|
This GLOMACS training course addresses the development of leaders in healthcare by exploring the global context of healthcare including innovations in technology and practice. The training course is run in workshop format to encourage sharing of ideas and good practice. The training course offers delegates the opportunity to evaluate different ways that organisations conduct leadership development and to construct personal development plans for future ongoing development.
The training course will address the global context of healthcare management, for instance the impact of the global Covid-19 pandemic on organisations, communities, clinicians, and non-clinicians in developed and developing countries. Many different leadership styles and approaches will be covered including personal effectiveness, management of resources and management of people. There will be opportunities to practice new skills for resilience and conflict management. Through self-assessment, delegates will gain understanding of their current preferences and development needs.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- An introduction to organisational development
- Current opportunities and challenges in global delivery of healthcare
- The importance of leadership in health care provision
- The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and preparing for the future
- Competency frameworks and models
By the end of this training seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand approaches to organisation development
- Explore multiple leadership theories and styles
- Build your confidence and self-awareness
- Gain perspectives on current healthcare management opportunities and challenges
- Develop skills in conflict management and resilience
This training course utilizes a range of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. These include discussions, case studies, presentations and exercises. The course leader will make extensive use of real-life case examples of organisations with which they have been personally involved. Each session provides opportunities to develop skills using case experience and apply them to your organisation creating more confident and resilient leaders.
What will your organisation gain from employees attending this training course?
- More confident and effective leaders
- Understanding of key healthcare opportunities and challenges
- How to create an environment which encourages innovation
- Confidence in applying different leadership styles
- More effective teamwork
- Better provision of care
Participants gain a wider perspective on global healthcare whilst also becoming more resilient leaders:
- A broader understanding of different leadership styles
- Greater self-awareness to enhance their leadership capabilities
- More resilience to deal with challenging and potentially conflicting situations
- A wider perspective of global healthcare opportunities and challenges
- Greater recognition of the impact of leadership on quality of healthcare delivery
- Greater confidence and ability in leading teams and employees
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will especially benefit:
- Managers and clinicians jointly responsible for leading healthcare organisations
- Managers and clinicians responsible for quality care provision
- Line and functional managers, team leaders and supervisors
- Managers and leaders new to leadership roles
- Managers and leaders wanting to further enhance their leadership capabilities
Health and Social Care Context
- Global perspectives on health and social care
- Different business models for delivery
- The impact of Covid-19 on delivery in different countries
- Review and discussion of the impact in your country/region?
- How could world health be improved?
- What is the role of innovation in delivering healthcare?
Ethics in delivery of Healthcare
- The Four principles of health care ethics
- Different perspectives: manager, clinician, patient
- Case Study
- Advances in science, technology and telehealth
- Psychological biases in decision-making
- Healthcare as a business
The Pandemic - lessons learned?
- Business continuity
- Crisis management
- Was Covid-19 a Black Swan?
- How to assess and manage risk
- An example of Good Hospital Practice
- Lessons learned?
- Past and future pandemics…
Leading Healthcare Organisations
- Are healthcare organisations different?
- Why is health the focus and care overlooked?
- Are health & social care linked?
- Managing Key Stakeholders
- Performance measurement and management
- Review and personal development planning
Future Opportunities and Challenges
- External environment
- Innovations in health & social care
- Organisational capabilities
- Using SWOT analysis and results
- The planning process
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour