In the ever-evolving world of business, the pressure to achieve and deliver results remains a consistent factor for organizations of all sizes. The modern manager's role isn't just overseeing tasks or ensuring projects are completed on time. It's about driving teams towards outcomes that matter. Leading for results goes beyond merely "managing" – it involves inspiring, guiding, and ensuring the team is aligned with the organization's vision. Here's how you can embody that leadership style.
In this intense 5-day training course, participants will learn how managing typically involves planning, organizing, and coordinating. On the other hand, leading is about inspiring and motivating a team towards a shared vision or goal. Effective managers who can lead results should wear both hats, switching between roles when the situation demands.
This GLOMACS Innovation for Results training course will highlight:
- Introduction to leading for results: Theory and practice
- Performance management principles and case studies
- Management by Objectives (MBO) and coaching and feedback
- Increasing results by developing people's potential
- Delegation and empowerment for improved team results
At the end of this Innovation for Results training course, you will have learned how to:
- Understand the importance of delegation and empowerment in a leadership role.
- Identify techniques for effective delegation and fostering empowerment.
- Understand the importance of results-driven leadership.
- Recognize the responsibilities and challenges of a manager in driving results.
- Deep dive into the various components of performance management.
- Recognize the tools and techniques for effective performance management.
- Recognize the significance of developing individuals within the team.
- Explore various methods to identify and nurture potential for improved results.
Throughout this 5-day training, interactive activities such as group discussions, role-plays, case studies, and feedback sessions will be utilized to ensure participant engagement and practical learning.
Organisations of those who attend this Innovation for Results training course will benefit in a number of ways:
- Increased competitiveness and ability to achieve results
- Leveraging teamwork to drive business outcomes and results
- Ability to generate results goals, objectives and action plans
- Higher staff results and productivity
- Managers and leaders who know how to drive results aligned to business goals.
- Increased potential for differentiation and unique positioning
Attendees of this Innovation for Results training course will benefit in a variety of ways:
- Enhanced career prospects due to higher ability to create value for the organisation
- Successfully unlock results and performance in your team
- Learn about ideation, goals, objectives and performance management
- Discover approaches to solve problems and reach effective decisions
- Become a leader/manager who helps propel the organisation forward
- Begin to build your reputation as an leader of results
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This GLOMACS Innovation for Results training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- First-time managers who are new to their role can benefit greatly from this training course.
- Senior directors, managers and department heads: Even experienced managers can benefit from this training course by refreshing their skills and learning new strategies for leading their teams to achieve results.
- Project managers who are responsible for teams and resources.
- Team leaders and heads of functional business areas.
- Executives and professionals. Especially from procurement, planning, HR, finance and operations.
Introduction to Leading for Results
- The role of leadership in achieving outcomes.
- The difference between management and leadership.
- Introduction to Performance Management Principles
- The importance of setting clear expectations of results and performance.
- Linking individual, team, and organizational objectives.
- How to work with your team to set an achievable, relevant goal.
- How to create and use Performance Dashboards for monitoring and assessment.
Performance Management Principles
- Key Components of Performance Management
- Goal setting, monitoring, evaluation, feedback, and development plans.
- Linking Performance Management to Business Strategy
- Aligning team goals with organizational strategy.
- The role of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
Management by Objectives (MBO) & Coaching and Feedback
- Management by Objective (MBO) and improving results.
- Introduction to setting key results, metrics and KPI;s.
- Steps in the MBO process and linking to business strategy. .
- Challenges and solutions in implementing MBO.
- Results coaching and performance feedback best practice
- Importance of regular feedback in a manager’s role.
- Constructive vs. destructive feedback.
- Real-life scenarios and role-playing for effective feedback.
Developing People's Potential
- The Importance of People Development
- The business case for continuous learning and development.
- Use a competence-based approach to building individual performance
- Tools and techniques for identifying and nurturing potential
- Training, mentoring, and coaching.
- Real-life case studies of effective people development.
- Using Self-Assessments for personal responsibility for one’s development.
- How Performance Appraisals can help identify development and training needs.
Delegation and Empowerment
- The Art and Science of Delegation
- Why managers fail to delegate.
- Steps in the delegation process.
- Fostering Empowerment Within Teams
- The link between empowerment, motivation, and results.
- Techniques to create an empowered work environment.
- Wrapping up and action planning: Setting personal objectives post-training.
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Oxford Management Centre
A GLOMACS - Oxford Management Centre collaboration aimed at providing the best training services and benefits to our valued clients.
Our collaboration with KC Academy aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour