|14 - 18 Oct 2024||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
Policies and Procedures are an essential part of any organisation. They provide a roadmap for day-to-day operations. They ensure compliance with laws and regulations, give guidance for decision-making, and streamline internal processes. Policies and procedures document provide guidance for all employees to be successful within their role, answering key questions, resolving ambiguities, detailing best practices, and defining expected standards for conduct and behaviour.
This fast-paced and interesting five-day training course from takes participants from an understanding of what content to select through the correct ways to structure it, the craft of writing clear, concise, comprehensible copy to the processes of approval, checking and document control. The course is filled with practical activities that are engaging and often surprising. An enjoyable course increases memory retention far beyond the norm. The skills that it covers are a tremendous professional toolkit that will be applicable far beyond the realm of policies and procedures into all aspects of business writing.
This GLOMACS training course on Writing Effective Policies and Procedures will highlight the following key topics:
- Determining the right content for each document
- Structuring content correctly
- Writing in a clear, unambiguous way
- Understanding the iterative process of writing and approval
- Understanding how to keep all stakeholders engaged and on-side
By the end of this Writing Effective Policies and Procedures training course, you will have learned how to:
- Use highly effective planning and ‘ideation’ tools
- Draft text in Plain English through an iterative process
- Plan and execute beta testing of your documents
- Understand the approvals process to achieve smooth sign-off
- Promote the use of your policies and procedures and how to continually maintain and update them
This training course will use a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. These include interactive practical exercises, supported by audio visual material and case studies. Participants will be encouraged to relate the principles of policy and procedure writing to the specific needs for their own organisation.
Major benefits to the organisation include:
- More consistent policies and procedures
- Reduced time to achieve professional results
- Consistently comprehensible documents
- Improved version control procedures
- A consistent approach to referencing standards and legislative documents
Participants will gain the following benefits:
- Improved writing skills
- Enhanced communication abilities
- Greater self-confidence
- Increased effectiveness in Planning and Drafting
- Enhanced strategic goal setting ability
- Increased ability to use a range of planning and creative tools
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This Writing Effective Policies & Procedures training course is for anyone who desires to expand their expertise in producing and maintaining policies and procedures. The training course will benefit anyone who finds themself responsible for developing, writing or implementing policies and procedures in both the public and private sector organisations.
This GLOMACS Writing Effective Policies & Procedures Training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Process Control Professionals
- HR, Health & Safety, and Quality Professionals
- Document Management Professionals
- Procedural “Job Experts” tasked with documenting Procedures
What are Policies and Procedures?
- Why they are important in day-to-day operation?
- Why are policies and procedures important for tendering?
- What should a policy contain?
- The structure of Policy and Procedures
- Think audience: who is going to use your documents and what do they need?
How to write company Policies and Procedures
- Getting started – mapping content
- Best practice in content creation
- Drafting processes and stakeholder consultation
- A practical guide to writing plain language
- Beta Testing
- Drafting exercises
The Strategic Overview – From Task To System
- Ensuring policies and procedures match not conflict
- The role of policy and procedures in the organisation
- What needs to be included?
- Who needs to be involved?
- The Review Process
- The Approval Process
Developing and Improving Policies and Procedures
- Review examples of Policy and Procedures
- Avoiding ambiguity
- Standards and Regulations – Keeping up-to-date
- Communicating about your Policies and Procedures
- How to ensure staff compliance?
Keeping Ahead of the Curve
- Gathering and analysing feedback
- Publication and version control
- SMART objectives and KPIs
- Using PEST, PESTLE and SWOT to identify need
- Action Planning
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour