This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Foundation online course provides delegates with an understanding of key Lean Six Sigma concepts and techniques, and the ability to apply these concepts and techniques to real business issues.
Six Sigma is probably the most popular and widely used approach to operations business improvement today. Today, many companies are demonstrating major improvements in efficiency and customer service as a direct result of applying Six Sigma.
A Six Sigma project seeks to identify and remove the causes of defects and errors in business processes. To achieve this, the approach follows an internationally accepted standard methodology using a set of tools, including statistical methods, while creating an infrastructure within the organization to exploit opportunities involving all employees in the improvement process.
While Six Sigma and Lean both seek to achieve process improvement, they have a different emphasis. Lean focuses on reducing waste; Six Sigma focuses on reducing variation. Lean Six Sigma integrates these two approaches.
Companies pursuing a Six Sigma strategy usually insist that managers, supervisors and team leaders engage in continuous improvement activity and, to give them the insights and skills to achieve this, they generally train to become Green Belts.
Apart from the limited numbers of Master Black Belts (top level company experts), the top level Six Sigma practitioners are Black Belts; these may typically work full-time on improvement activities. While Black Belts take responsibility for leading a Six Sigma project, they are usually supported by a number of Green Belts; the actual number will depend on the size of the organisation and its aspirations.
A Green Belt is expected to deliver the agreed benefits of a Six Sigma project to the organisation. These improvement activities will often be within the Green Belt's usual field of employment and operation.
- Work with local line management to identify and quantify opportunities for improvement within the local environment
- May work under the direction of a Black Belt or Master Black Belt
- May coach process operators (Yellow Belts) on process improvement methods and activities
This training course is fully consistent with ISO 18404:2015, the internationally accepted standard outlining competencies for key personnel and their organizations in relation to Six Sigma and Lean implementation.
This GLOMACS online training course will highlight:
- The DMAIC process improvement methodology (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control)
- Statistical measurement and analysis techniques
- The application of Lean Six Sigma tools
- Root cause analysis
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt competencies
Upon completion of this training course, delegates will be able to:
- Define, design and execute DMAIC projects to solve business issues, and transition projects from phase to phase
- Apply lean concepts
- Use data collection and data analysis to improve decision-making
- Identify inefficiencies and problems, and pinpoint root causes
- Deliver agreed benefits to the business through the implementation of process improvement projects sponsored by senior management
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
Benefits to the organisation from sending employees to this online training course include:
- The identification and quantification of opportunities for improvement within the local environment
- The ability to coach process operators (Yellow Belts) on process improvement methods and activities
- The development of in-house capability to lead Lean Six Sigma projects that produce bottom-line results
- The ability to lead teams through the process of change
- The sharing of process improvement learning and best practices within and beyond particular business functions
- The ability to maintain improved performance levels
Benefits to delegates from attending this online training course include:
- Enhanced analytical skills
- Ability to apply statistical data analysis techniques
- Improved project management skills
- Process improvement as an additional personal competence
- The ability to address a broad range of problems
- Increased personal value to the organisation
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit: employees at any level who have an interest in improving the organisation. This can include:
- Managers, team leaders and supervisors who are expected to engage in their organisation’s business transformation programme
- Employees who work in a business change department
- Senior Managers who may wish to participate in the occasional high level project and use their knowledge of Lean Six Sigma concepts, tools and techniques to improve their understanding of the business and improve their problem solving and decision making skills
- All levels of employees from various business units