|22 Apr - 03 May 2024||London - UK||$11,900|
|15 - 26 Jul 2024||Dubai - UAE||$11,900|
|11 - 22 Nov 2024||London - UK||$11,900|
This Dynamic Leadership in the Oil and Gas Industry training course has been specifically designed to equip Leaders in this highly dynamic and agile environment with the essential leading-edge tools, techniques, skills, and psychological insight to lead in today’s world, ready for tomorrow. This highly engaging, intensive, and interactive training course will accelerate your Leadership development to lead in the agile and highly active Oil, Gas and Petrochemical environment. This 10-day training course is primarily of two-halves.
Module 1: The first part of the training course is identifying your Leadership approach using a Leadership Profile, the importance of Leadership values & behaviors, the psychology and science of leadership, influence, and Emotional Intelligence. It will focus on interpersonal skills, performance management, radical innovation, rapid decision-making techniques, accountable decision making, as well as leadership in multi-diverse/cultural workspace.
Module 2: The second part will provide the Strategic, Tactical & Operational Leadership, impacting / managing organization changes, obtaining organization commitment, risk analysis, project strategy, financial management, scenario planning, cross-influence, team management, building high performance team, handling team conflict and difficult team situations. It will conclude with the importance of being a Safety Leader in the organization, setting the values and standards to embody the safety culture and ensure operational excellence in the industry.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- The key factors to be a Leader, and how these can be developed and maximized leadership profile.
- Powerful tools and techniques to improve rapid problem solving, decision making and increase innovation and creativity.
- Adopt psychological insights to improve interpersonal, self-control, conflict and crisis situations
- Lead with strategy, operational and tactical know-how, to increase team and organizational performance
- The main factors involved in risk, project and financial management as well adopting AGILE approaches, as well as the importance of being a Safety Leader in the industry.
This training course is split into two modules:
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone training course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a 2-week training course.
At the end of this Dynamic Leadership in the Oil and Gas Industry training course, you will learn to:
- Define and understand your leadership style profile.
- Apply psychological techniques to lead and influence others.
- Maximize team performance, efficiency, and innovation.
- Lead with strategy, operational and tactical know-how.
- Develop as a successful leader.
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes, highly engaging and active discussions, targeted case studies and practical exercises, specific topic relevant videos, a Leadership Profile assessment including facilitated 1-2-1 personal feedback on the results. The course will include Pre and Post Course assessments to maximize learning and development feedback.
In attending this Dynamic Leadership in the Oil and Gas Industry training course the organization will:
- Gain Leaders for today, and ready for tomorrow in the industry
- Have improved leaders in the respective roles: strategic, operational and tactical
- Improve communication and interpersonal skills across the organization
- Have more confident personnel in undertaking their leadership duties
- Decrease HR involvement and interjection by resolving HR related issues at the source
- Greater performance from teams and individuals and the organization
By attending this Dynamic Leadership in the Oil and Gas Industry training course you will:
- Gain a greater knowledge of your leadership and application
- Greater self-awareness, and people awareness
- Improved leadership and psychological development
- Increased communication and interpersonal skills
- Lead strategically, operationally, and tactically as needed
- Learn how to motivate and increase performance of others
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Senior Leaders in the organization
- Managers and Leaders in Strategic, Operational and Tactical roles
- Newly appointed Leaders and Managers
- Identified Talent and High Potential Employees
Module 1: Leading Dynamically in the Oil and Gas Industry
Maximizing Your Leadership Potential in the Industry
- Leading in the Industry: impact of the changing world
- Leadership factors, principles, and key behaviors
- Defining your Leadership Style: Leadership Profile Assessment
- Importance of Behaviors and Values in leadership
- How to develop and maximize your Leadership Presence
- Virtual Leadership: leading remote and isolated teams
The Emotionally Intelligent Leader and Self-Awareness
- Emotional Intelligence: the concept and importance in excellent Leadership
- The Psychology and Science of becoming an Emotionally Intelligent Leader
- Assessing Your Emotional Intelligence Level
- Developing your Self-awareness: understanding and knowledge
- Mastering Self-discipline and Self-management: controlling your emotions in crisis
- Motivation and 3 Key psychological factors for task assignment
Developing Your Interpersonal Skills and Relationship Management
- Leadership influence and key interpersonal skills
- Communicating with influence and persuasion
- Using the Active Listening technique
- Advanced methods to turn negative people to achieve positive outcomes
- Dealing with conflict in a pro-active way
- Building your influence network
Leading Agile Innovation, Creativity and Decision Making
- Problem solving methods: vertical and lateral
- Agile and Design Thinking approaches: pushing back the boundaries
- Unlocking the innovative and creative mindset: self and others
- Applying the Rapid Solution Focused Approach to Complex problems
- Using advanced Coaching skills to increase solution and option output
- Powerful Decision Making for optimum decision-making
Leading Organizational Performance and Culture
- Performance Management: defining and implications
- Overcoming the 4 Performance Barriers
- Defining Culture – and its impact on vision and future
- Creating the right culture for maximum performance input
- Operating and leading in a multi-diverse/cultural workspace
- Leadership Development Plan and Review
Module 2: Strategic, Operational and Tactical Leadership in the Oil and Gas Industry
Strategic Leadership Principles
- Characteristics of strategic leaders
- Strategic data and planning factors
- Creating the strategy and planning vision
- Communicating the vision to get buy-in
- Developing strategy: Mission or mantra?
- Leading and managing change
Operational & Tactical Leadership
- Defining tactical leaders in the oil and gas industry
- Strategic to tactical: Operational leadership
- Characteristics and requirements of operational leaders
- Tactical and operational intelligence data and planning
- Linking strategic goals to operational and tactical objectives
- Managing key stakeholders: Cross-departmental cooperation
Risk, Asset and Financial Management and Planning
- Risk analysis factors and principles
- Scenario planning in the oil and gas sector
- Project strategy and management
- Benefits of AGILE project management approaches in the oil and gas sector
- Financial management and planning
- Asset management principles and techniques
Creating a Dynamic and Agile Team
- Dynamic and agile team factors: Including virtual/remote teams
- Managing team performance and motivation
- Understanding team dynamics
- Building team cohesiveness
- Utilizing Kaizen techniques in team empowerment
- Coach and engage for success
Exemplifying Safety Leadership in the Industry
- What is safety leadership and its importance in the industry?
- Embodying the principles and values
- Leading by example and from the top
- Using behavioral safety techniques to lead pro-active safety
- Engagement and empowerment
- Future development plan and review
- On successful completion of this training course, GLOMACS Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPE) : In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsor, one CPE credit is granted per 50 minutes of attendance
Endorsed Education Provider
GLOMACS is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
GLOMACS Training & Consultancy
Typically replies within an hour