This GLOMACS Design Planning & Problem Diagnostic Strategy training seminar is essentially about Design thinking, a five-phase process that is broadly used and has proven its value. Design Thinking is a human-centered, iterative problem-solving process of discovery, ideation, and experimentation that employs various design-based techniques to gain insight and yield innovative solutions for virtually any type of organizational or business challenge. This method combines both analytical and creative approaches to generate solutions. This Design Thinking training seminar is an ideal starting point for an organization embarking on digital transformation.
In this GLOMACS 5-day action-oriented training seminar, the facilitator will guide participants to work in small teams, to experience a customer-centric approach to problem solving through a re-imagination of the end-to-end customer experience journey.
Participants will develop skills such as descriptive anthropologists, visual thinkers and strategists through a hybrid of workshop discussions and activities. This seminar covers building empathy through descriptive anthropology research, generating ideas, prototyping and testing new concepts.
The GLOMACS training seminar will highlight:
- The five-phase Design Thinking process
- Problem solving methodology of discovery, ideation and experimentation
- Application of design-based techniques for discovery of problems & innovative solutions
- Customer-centric approach in solving problems through imagination of the comprehensive customer journey
- Development of key competencies as descriptive anthropologists, visual thinkers and strategists
Upon completion of this GLOMACS training seminar, participants will be able to:
- Acquire a deep understanding of the Design Thinking principles, process and tools
- Understand the mindsets of a design thinker
- Apply the Design Thinking framework as a structured process to solve problems, generate breakthrough ideas and co-create an improved customer experience journey
- Apply key competencies as descriptive anthropologists, visual thinkers and strategists during in overcoming organizational challenges
- Improve personal effectiveness by becoming a more empathetic solution provider
This is an experiential workshop, which emphasises engagement, interaction and practice. The methods will be used in this seminar include:
- Case studies
- Skills practice through group activities
- Reflection for deepening their learning through group discussions
- Introduction of content, examples via short, interactive presentations
- Short video clips
Participants will be given the opportunity, that requires them to work in teams to address one unmet need and present their ideas.
Enhanced design planning and problem diagnostic ability enables an organization to increase stakeholder satisfaction through:
- Proactive problem solving with innovative solutions
- Enhanced managerial competencies of descriptive anthropologists, visual thinkers, strategists and story-tellers
- Development of enhanced customer-centric environment
- Enhanced internal cross-functional communication
- Building of a culture of measured risk-taking
Delegates will develop their ability to use design planning and problem diagnostics competency to become more proactive, creative and innovative to implement business solutions through:
- Acquisition of a deep understanding of the Design Thinking principles, process and tools
- Understanding and adaptation to the mindsets of a design thinker
- Application of the Design Thinking framework as a structured process to solve problems
- Generation of breakthrough ideas and co-create an improved customer experience journey
- Mastery of key competencies as descriptive anthropologists, visual thinkers, strategists and story-tellers during in overcoming organizational challenges
Who Should Attend?
This Design Planning & Problem Diagnostic Strategy training seminar is designed for any business leader, professional, manager or individual contributor wishing to gain practical know-how on the principles, process and tools of Design Thinking.
- Business Managers
- Team Leaders
- Process Leaders
- Functional Managers
- Project Managers
- Newly-appointed Senior Managers