As of the moment, this course is currently not available on our training portfolio.
If you wish to inquire or request a run for this seminar, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +971 (04) 425 0700
Globalisation is about much more than marketing and purchasing. Every organisation is affected by globalisation. It is emerging as the most powerful force influencing 21st century business. Globalisation can affect every aspect of the activities of an organisation from basic research through product creation to post-sale customer support.
The opening of markets and the rapid diffusion of information, knowledge and capability are combining to change our view of our business potential and the ways in which we do business. Therefore, all managers have to be aware of the potential impact of globalisation on every decision and every action.
This GLOMACS training course on The Challenge of Globalisation will feature:
- Detailed analysis of the structural changes in the world economy
- The process of change from a national to a global organisation
- Strategic and operational challenges in developing a global organisation
- The management challenges in a multi-cultural environment
- Case studies and examples of best practice in managing globalisation
At the end of this GLOMACS training course participants will be able to:
- Understand how and why the world economy is changing
- Clarify the changing role of financial institutions in globalisation
- Demonstrate the specific management challenges in a global structure
- Identify the key factors for success in building a global organisation
- Lead their teams in contributing effectively to the process of globalisation
This GLOMACS, The Challenge of Globalisation training course will be based on leading edge teaching/learning approaches to ensure maximum learning and discussion of the subjects that are presented. The main objective will be to create a very participative approach and delegates will be encouraged to offer ideas and questions that relate directly to their own specialisms. This will involve the following activities:
- Course leader’s presentation of the principles of the subject
- Subject-specific presentations
- Case experience and case studies
- Group work and group discussions on sharply focused issues
The instructor will refer to real-life examples of global economic and business development projects in which he has been personally involved.
By sending delegates to this GLOMACS training course, the organisation will gain the following benefits:
- Better informed managers capable of operating internationally
- Improved strategic thinking in all levels of staff
- Greater confidence in the development decisions of staff
- Better focus on planning for a more international business structure
- Reduction of risk in all decisions affecting international development
- Enhanced competencies in managing cross-border organisations
By attending this GLOMACS training course on The Challenge of Globalisation, delegates will acquire the following skills and competencies:
- Strategic awareness and ability to develop an international career
- Managing culture differences in an international context
- Analysis of internationally complex business opportunities
- Leadership and teamworking capabilities in extended organisations
- Assessing risk in international development decisions
- Delivering a personal contribution to global development
Who Should Attend?
This GLOMACS training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will benefit:
- Strategic and operational planners
- Financial managers/controllers
- Organisational development specialists
- Human resource managers
- Business process designers and analysts
This GLOMACS training course on The Challenge of Globalisation, does not require specialist knowledge of economics, though delegates will need to have a lively interest in the challenges of international business strategies and relationships.
The Nature of Globalisation
- The Changing Structure of the World Economy
- The Changing Role of the International Financial Institutions
- What does globalisation mean?
- Why do organisations develop globally?
- How do organisations develop globally?
- How can individuals prepare themselves for globalisation?
Strategic Management in Global Organisations
- Strategic Planning – from national to global
- A Planning Framework For A Globalising Organisation
- Risk Analysis and Risk Management in Global Development
- International Financial Markets and Trends
- Understanding and Managing Value Migration
Operational Management in Global Organisations
- Coordinating and Controlling a Global Business
- Managing the First Stages of Globalisation
- Managing the Final Stages of Globalisation
- Taking a Global Organisation Forward for the Longer Term
Global Structural Design and Management
- The Relevance of Organisational Agility and Alignment
- Human Resource Development in a Global Operation
- Communications - The Key to Effective Global Performance
- Collaboration and Alliances - The Emerging Organisational Form
- Effective Management of Dispersed Operations
The Future of Global Business
- The World in 2030 - Economic Shift and Location of Activity
- What do we learn from the 2008-2015 financial crisis?
- How Organisational Dynamics will Mature and Change
- “The past is no guide to the future” - group discussion
- Strategy, Structure and Management during Radical Change
- Summary and Overview of the Whole Seminar
Share this Course:
In Association With
Our collaboration with Petroknowledge aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients